• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2015 Gear Lineup

d_rek

Hey All,

Just figured i'd post a list of items i'm hunting with this year. Nothing is particularly exclusive to saddle hunting, but if you're wanting to know more about a particular item i'd be happy to write something up.

Clothing / Garments
Scentlok Vortex Windproof Pants, Jacket, and Vest
Scentlok Full Season Velocity Pants, Jacket, Headcover, and Gloves
Scentlok Savannah EXT Bibs, Jacket, Headcover, and Gloves
Scentlok Insulated Rainproof Parka and Pants
Scentlok Covert Deluxe Windproof Pants and Jacket
Scentlok Accessories including Full Season Headcovers, Knit Cap beanie, Touch Tech Gloves, Full Season Neck Gaiter, Ball Cap
Lacrosse Aerohead 3.5mm and 7.0mm rubber neoprene boots
Lorpen Merino Wool HEL, HEPM, Extreme HELA hunting socks

Accessories / Gear
Scentlok Daypack
Tenzing 720 lumbar pack
Icebreaker HanBlanket Hand Muff
Alta Tactical Superflex Knee Pads Woodland Camo AltaLok (amazon)
Small Military Molle Tactical Magazine DUMP Ammo Drop Utility Pouch Bag vp (ebay)
Big Game 30F paracord lift cord w/caribineer

Bow + Accessories
G5 Prime Rival 60#
Ripcord Ace drop away rest
Tightspot 3-arrow quiver
HHA Single Pin slider sight
Bee Stinger 8" stabilizer (front)
Dead Center ARchery riser mount sidebar mount
Bee stinger 6" stab (side mount)
AAE adjustable wrist sling
Victory VForce V1 .300 arrows (factory inserts + nocks)
G5 Montec CS broadhead
Trufire Edge foldback buckle wrist release x2 (1 for practice, 1 that stays in my hunting pack)

Almost all of my scentlok gear was purchased discounted through sierratradingpost.com or through scentlok.com legacy locker / weekly specials, or at various sporting goods stores clearance racks. Some of my gear / garments were also purchased on camofire.com at huge discounts. Still, a couple things i was not able to catch a break on, but they were essential so I had to bite the bullet and drop some cash.

If you're wondering how the heck i fund my gear locker it's pretty easy: I have a net-zero hunting/fishing purchase policy. Often I sell something before I purchase something new. It doesn't have to be hunting/fishing stuff but it almost always is. Archerytalk.com classifieds are great this way. To fund my new bow this year I sold off ever piece of gear and all of the arrows from my previous bow. I was able to get a greater margin from the bar by selling it as a bare bow and accessories seperate. I funded about 80% of my new bow this way. A lot better than funding 0% and having it come out of the next paycheck (the wife would have been happy about that one)

I started my net-zero gear policy when I noticed my ice fishing habit was getting well out of hand... :D

I had too much stuff I simply wasn't using. So i started to offload it via craigslist. Most of it sold quickly, and I realized that If I wanted to fund new gear all I really had to do was get rid of stuff I didn't use often/at all. It's surprising how much stuff we 'think' we need before we actually get out there use it. And how much more sits and collects dust after just a season or two of use. Hunting is not that much different in that regard as i'm sure most of you know...

Anyway, if anyone wants a review, or just more info, on any of the above i'd be happy to write one up.

Regards,
d_rek

Back