• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2020-21 Goals

ThumbsMcGee

I was on Facebook today and a memory popped up. 4 years ago I bought myself a crossbow. Unfortunately since then I’ve never killed a deer with it. Two years after the crossbow I bought a compound and have taken my first deer last year with it. I thought about my goals this year, and it’s now a goal of mine this year to take a deer with the xbow. Here are my others:

- 1st Missouri Archery Deer
- 1st Illinois Archery Deer
- 1st Crossbow Deer
- Treasure Another Missouri rifle season with my uncle

What are your goals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kill my first deer from the saddle.
Kill my 2nd deer from the saddle.
Kill my 3rd deer from the saddle.
Kill my 4th deer from the saddle.
Preferably all with the bow,and having a ton of fun doing it. This will be my first year hunting public as well. I scouted some in late winter and have a handful of spots picked out.
I may take the bow out during gun season as well. Last year was a big letdown when gun opened,but I realized bow season does not have to end because of that,it only makes it more challenging.

Keep getting better at deer hunting. Not just saddle hunting but everything. Reading sign, still hunting, spot and stalk, calling, archery. Anything and everything that will make me a better, more well-rounded deer hunter. This will be my fourth season hunting. I learned a lot my first season, way more my second season , and even more my third season than the first two combined. The goal is to keep that trend going and become a much better bowhunter by the end of the season than I am now.

This was last years(2019-2020) goals:

1.)FILL THE FREEZER(only had one deer last year the wife got her first buck) FAILED!!
2.)KILL MY BEST BUCK(I've killed a nice 6pt years ago dog hunting and a 7pt 2 years ago. Would like a 8pt or better. FAILED!!
3.)GO IN BLIND AND KILL A DEER.(Ive scouted a good bit but most of my hunts will be going in with cyber scouting only.) FAILED!!
4.) KILL MY FIRST HOG.(Either with bow/gun, doesn't matter to me.) FAILED!!
5.) TAG OUT ON SQUIRRELS FOR A DAY.(We get 8/day) FAILED!!
6.) KILL MY FIRST TURKEY.(Only went once with my dad years ago.) FAILED!!

Goals for this year(2020-2021):

1.) Kill A Deer.

My goal was to just prepare more. I always feel like too much is left to the last minute, which really reduces my enjoyment with all the rushing.

However, I've got some rodent damage to the electrical system at my hunting property. Unfortunately, the focus has had to change to fixing that so I can even have a season.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My goals are simple: Every time I let an arrow or bullet fly it hits where I aimed and a deer goes down quickly. No drama recoveries across the board. No deer spend the night in the woods...I never need to post a tracking thread or ask for the number for tracking dogs.

I don't get as much time actually in the woods as I would like to spend, so my goal is to make every moment meaningful. This means:
  • Having enough scouting done, to have options if 'day of' conditions change
  • Have my climbing system and saddle changes figured out so I don't waste time up or down the tree
  • Having the right clothing to ensure I am comfortable enough to spend every moment I can in the woods.

/Stags

My goals are simple: Every time I let an arrow or bullet fly it hits where I aimed and a deer goes down quickly. No drama recoveries across the board. No deer spend the night in the woods...I never need to post a tracking thread or ask for the number for tracking dogs.
That's a tall order...once u let the arrow go its out of your hands

Love this thread:
2020 goals

1) have opportunities on elk (1st elk hunt ever this year OTC CO)

2) take a new hunter out hunting

3) kill 1st public land archery deer

4) put in a proper effort hunting the rut - I have never hunted during the rut since I started hunting 5 years ago due to family circumstances. This year I’m pumped to put in some good all day sits during the rut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't get as much time actually in the woods as I would like to spend, so my goal is to make every moment meaningful. This means:
  • Having enough scouting done, to have options if 'day of' conditions change
  • Have my climbing system and saddle changes figured out so I don't waste time up or down the tree
  • Having the right clothing to ensure I am comfortable enough to spend every moment I can in the woods.
Everyone wants to spend more time in the woods,even the guys that have a lot of time.
/Stags

Back