• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2020 Southwestern PA meet *REDO*

Are you going?

• Total voters

ThePennsylvanian

Alright folks,
At this point we are planning on having a get together, provided the government doesn't shut everything down again.....
So, hers what we got so far:
Date - 22 August 2020
Place - Goodwill hill sportsmans in burgettstown, pa (near star lake or what ever they call it now)
The place is set up well to host this 100% outside minus maybe bathrooms.
Plenty of space to spread out and make everyone comfortable being there.
Archery range, saddle climbing and demos, potentially will have Trophyline there to represent some of there gear.
I am hoping to get folks to come up with food and drink options.
If I get gather some items, I want to host a raffle to benefit the club for sponsoring this!
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions let's here em!!

I am planning a trek from Buffalo, NY to attend this gathering. Any info you could provide concerning specific location of the event and nearby hotel locations for an overnight stay would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

I am planning a trek from Buffalo, NY to attend this gathering. Any info you could provide concerning specific location of the event and nearby hotel locations for an overnight stay would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

Nearest town is Burgettstown, PA. No hotels there though. I would recommend either Weirton WV, Steubenville Ohio, or Robinson Township PA to look for Hotels.

They have a bunkhouse at the club I believe. You can check into that.

We do have a bunkhouse, its $10 a night, it's nothing fancy. Its a trailer with bunk beds, and a full bathroom on one end, bring your own bedding. You can also tent camp or truck camp almost anywhere on the property. I'll be taking care of paper products as well as baked beans and some other things to eat. ETOH is allowed afterward, no shooting or climbing once you start drinking. I'm the guy that is a member. Technically everyone that attends is my guest. I plan on being there Friday through Sunday. If you wanna come out Friday and stay over the whole time I'll be there. As long as I'm the last to leave on Sunday we are all good.

The pavilion we have is very large and has electric and a large fridge, charcoal grill, (I'll grab a couple big bags of charcoal as well), there are 2 kids playsets if you wanna bring children and two lakes for fishing if someone wants to fish as well. Any other questions about the club grounds let me know.

Right now I am a maybe, but I won't know until it is closer if I can make it.

I’ll be there and I’m pretty sure my brother will be coming as well. We’ll bring some food too.

I'm planning on making this as well. I will bring a big cooler of waters and some door prizes (or raffle items). I will likely camp out Friday night, arriving late.

I'm a 50/50. August is jammed for me.
I did talk to Mark Cama about the possibility of me going and he offered to send stuff to show/sell. I think he has some new "game changers" (I'm sorry for using that phrase, LOL) in the pipeline.

I’m hoping to make this one. Was definite for last time but this time is a hopefully as of now.

There are a couple hotels close. I know because I’ve had family stay somewhere close after attending a concert at star lake Pavilion (or whatever corporate name it has now).

As of right now I’m getting or should I say trying to get some camping gear together for a stay at the gun club. At age 72 it’s been a long time since i tent camped. If things don’t work out with camping I’ll go the hotel route. Thanks for your help. Very much looking forward to this SH meetup.

As of right now I’m getting or should I say trying to get some camping gear together for a stay at the gun club. At age 72 it’s been a long time since i tent camped. If things don’t work out with camping I’ll go the hotel route. Thanks for your help. Very much looking forward to this SH meetup.
Might be a good night for a hammock! I can bring one for you if needed.

If I make it. Which I’m really more than likely because I’ll just call off sick. I’m sick of missing everything and working my life away. Haha. I can bring and extra hammock and or tent.

Does anyone have any requests for Treehopper stuff...for demo or to buy?
Mark will send me stuff to have on hand and he asked me which things he should send. I know there are some TH products that are well known, and some that are lesser known (which I hope to have), and some new stuff coming out that has not been revealed as of yet. I really hope he sends me some of the new stuff.
Are there any special requests for stuff?

Back