• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2021 Contest Standings

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyne bowhunter

Staff member
SH Member
My plan is to post updated standings on Monday evenings (when I can) this year but I thought I'd get a start on the standings thread today. Congrats to Team 8 for jumping out to an early lead with Team 4 nipping at their heels. Lots of hunting to go (in fact a lot of us can't even start yet :sob:) so keep at it guys.

1632567641487.png

First Monday evening update. Team 8 still leading but there's been some movement upward among the pack closing the gap. Still early and a lot of deer to be taken. Keep up the good work guys/gals!

1632788173049.png

Attached are the official contest standings for this week thru post #27. Team 8 still leads the way but there's some others pushing their way up. Team 7's only one doe from the lead and 11 and 4 are close behind. It was a very slow week with no submissions for almost 5 days.

As a side note . . . . as scorekeeper I have an ability parse the data a little differently so I thought I'd create a score tally for the Unofficial Team of Saddlehunter.com staff members to add a bit of additional "drama" to the contest. :tearsofjoy:

Thanks to some awesome effort by the east coast contingent of the moderators (with some help from the unnamed Mod from Wisconsin) it turns out that the Unofficial 9 man "Team Staff" has actually outscored the contest leading Team 8 by 3 points at this point in the contest. Just thought I'd throw that out there as a bit of extra incentive to the real teams to get out a kill some more deer!

1633383685804.png

Attached below are the standings for the week thru post 31. Things have tightened up at the top this week. If anyone's curious, there have been 31 deer submitted to this contest by 25 hunters so far this year. The breakdown so far is 6 bucks and 26 antlerless.

1633981480371.png

Team 13 has taken over the lead this week. Congrats guys. We're starting to see more bucks submitted so maybe the weather is leveling out a bit and the pre-rut is kicking in. Overall we're down about 10 submissions by this point last year, that means its time to kick it into gear guys. Lets get out there and put some points on the board.

1634597026693.png

Edit: Team 13's lead was short lived. @2Sloe just posted another doe for Team 3 to take the lead. Since its still Monday evening I'll update the standings accordingly.

1634599126366.png

Last edited:
Lots of entries this weekend as the rut is starting to heat up here in the north at least. Team 3 has jumped into a slight lead but there's only an eight point buck separating the top eight teams. Good luck boys and girls, its prime time and the best bucks can be found immediately following a doe.

Edit: Corrected a clerical error. I had shorted team six a point (sorry @woodsdog2 ).
1635822892969.png

Attachments

• 1635821983035.png
    1635821983035.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Apologies for the delay on the updates over the last couple of weeks. Been living in a camper trying my best to fill a bow tag. Home for an evening swapping out (and drying) gear for our upcoming rifle season which starts on Monday.

There have been some big changes in teh scoresheet since the last standings post. There are 99 deer now entered with 43 bucks and 56 antlerless. You guys have killed some truly impressive bucks the last two weeks. Congrats to all who were successful!

As it stands right now lucky Team 13 is in the lead over Team 2 by a 3 point buck followed closely by Teams 3 and 7.

Keep up the good work guys, I personally really enjoy viewing all the posts of the impressive bucks taken all over the country. Congrats again to all you successful slayers!

1636840295075.png

This weeks update. Team 2 is still holding onto a slim lead over Teams 3 and 13. Again some really nice bucks submitted this week. I'd be remiss not to give a special shout out to fellow mods @Wirrex for an exceptional 11 point and @Bigterp for a really nice 10 this week. That brings the total to five 11 pointers and four 10 pointers submitted this year. Congrats to all you big buck killers!
Outstanding job by all of you.

EDIT: I just realized I missed the fact that @Beeyuu submitted an awesome 11 this week too. My apologies for the oversight and Congrats!

1637625215328.png

Last edited:
And the rich get richer . . . three of the last four posts were from Team 13 to extend their lead. Team 2 closed the gap on Team 3 for second place. Entries are starting to slow considerably as a lot of our seasons are nearing their close. Still some time though so get out there and put some points on the board folks.

1639439221785.png

Latest update through post 127. Things are slowing down, only 4 posts this last week. Team 13 still holds a slim lead but Team 3 closed the gap with the help of a super nice late season buck from @LtMoe66 .

Edit: It was pointed out to me that missed the last post, #128, from Sunday night. Not sure how I didn't see it but the standings are updated accordingly. Apologies @woodsdog2 and Team 6.

1640052903192.png

Attachments

• 1640036746981.png
    1640036746981.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Well we're down to two weeks left. Team 13 is still holding a pretty sizable lead over Teams 3 and 2. Can't say its over yet though, I still remember 2018 when @Cajunshooter closed out the last week with a double for 27 points (7 pointer and 17 pointer) to take the lead at the wire.

Only two deer were entered this week but hats off to @katiesmom for a nice late season 8 pointer! I also can't fail to mention my own teammate @OspreyZB with an additional 5 late season points. Way to go Team 10!

1642448609654.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back