• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2021 Deer Contest Final Results!

boyne bowhunter

Staff member
SH Member
Well, another contest is in the books. As always, I want to thank @redsquirrel for letting me keep the score again. I really enjoy seeing and sharing all the successes that you all have (yes even the competition's). Also, I can’t speak for the rest of you but I really believe that this contest helps push me to get into the woods a few extra times a year.

This season there were 143 entries, 63 bucks and 80 anterless. That’s a down a bit from last year but there were some impressive bucks taken nonetheless. There were 16 bucks taken that were scored 9 or more points and another 25 eight pointers. Pretty respectable results in anyone’s book. Congrats to all who were successful. To those who came up empty . . . . well, as the saying goes, “Wait til next year”!

Now down to the business at hand. The winner of this year’s contest is Team 13 with a really respectable total of 134 points. Congrats to @Nutterbuster, @Hall17, @phatkaw, @iamcorey, @Ontariofarmer, @GCTerpfan, @bongo, @SnakeEater, @goody94, @gameflogger, @Guff Dawg and @Goldentriangle85. You guys really rocked it this year and deserve the bragging rights!

Team 3 (114 points) and Team 2 (111 points) came in 2nd and 3rd respectively. Both really solid results as well. Congrats on a putting up the good fight.

I’ve always felt the best thing about this contest is the camaraderie it creates between hunters from across the country who probably don’t know much about each other or the particular challenges associated with where they hunt. It allows us to make some new friends and acquaintances and share our unique (and sometimes very similar) experiences throughout the deer season with each other. I know I enjoyed sharing the season with my teammates including a couple of guys from Florida . . . I’ll take the cold conditions over the stuff you guys go through to hunt any day of the week. :tearsofjoy:

Again, I want to thank @redsquirrel for hosting the contest. I look forward to it every year. I also want to sincerely thank each and every one of you for participating. I hope you found it as enjoyable as I did. I’m already looking forward to sharing the 2022 season with you all.

Finally, once again CONGRATS TEAM 13!

Boyne Bowhunter

1643758300168.png

Last edited:
thanks @boyne bowhunter for keeping track of it, I know how time consuming it must be.
Actually I've got a system down now that takes very little effort short of checking in on the submission thread, and that's what I like about keeping score anyway. I really do enjoy seeing the deer taken by members from across the country.

The scorekeeping process is actually simple enough that I keep two separate scoresheets on different computers so I can compare them periodically to make sure I haven't made a mistake anywhere.

Well said @boyne bowhunter and thank you very much for doing this every year. You do a superb job!! I agree, it does motivate me to get out there more and it is exciting to see some of the deer and their associated successes. It is a fun contest for sure. Thanks @redsquirrel for allowing the contest and thanks to each and every one of my Team 6 members this year and to the rest of the teams and their members for being in the competition and making the time to associate with each other. I think it is a great opportunity to get to know other members of the forum which I truly enjoy. Thanks again and to my fellow team member @Silvio, who was on a nice buck and had some serious health issues happen to him at the worst possible time... we're still thinking about you and praying for you brother deer hunter. Get well soon!!

Strong work lucky number 13! I enjoyed my first contest even though I didn't contribute a point... Good group of people on here, thanks mods/everyone.

Back