• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2021 Primary Climbing Method Poll

What is your go to climbing method?

• Total voters

gcr0003

SH Member
I am making this 2021 Primary Climbing Method Poll to gauge how many people have transitioned to one-sticking compared to last years poll. Below are last years numbers and poll. If you think you will be one-sticking the most this season please mark one-sticking as your primary since it will help gauge how many are transitioning to one-sticking.
1627415988937.png

I like one sticking but I can't tear myself away from my hand climbers. I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to one stick initially (first move)to get above the large bottom part of the tree then climb onto my LWHC. If there are any branches to go around I will pull out the one stick to go around it, I will rappel down which I already do.

I feel ashamed that I voted SRT. Yes, this'll be the way I probably hunt 99% of the time due to presets but this poll means my beloved 2TC is sitting on the bleacher like the nerdy kid at the high school dance :disappointed:

I like one sticking but I can't tear myself away from my hand climbers. I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to one stick initially (first move)to get above the large bottom part of the tree then climb onto my LWHC. If there are any branches to go around I will pull out the one stick to go around it, I will rappel down which I already do.

Put a 2 step aider on it and leave the sticks at home! It’s easy to cross limbs this way.

C7976334-BF14-4451-90A3-BD86A90DAAAC.png

Does anyone with their ear to the ground know if a company is coming out with a mini climber at some point before September this year?

I feel ashamed that I voted SRT. Yes, this'll be the way I probably hunt 99% of the time due to presets but this poll means my beloved 2TC is sitting on the bleacher like the nerdy kid at the high school dance :disappointed:
Just give it time.

Since it is my first year I’m going with sticks. I have a hand climber modded already so that is something else I’d like to incorporate this year with a little more practice

Back