• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2021 Trash Talk!!

I get first 'dibs on @Nutterbuster's team. He's doin' all sorts of scientific big buck data analysis. Hopin he'll be giving that out for free to fellow team members!! Secret weapon!! Game changer. Plus, NY just changed their rules. We can now legally hunt big game one-half hour before legal sunrise to one half hour after legal sunset...... oh wait, all other states have already allowed that for years. Anyway!!! My bet goes to the team with @Blacktail on it!!!

Since @Nutterbuster is such a stand up generous true patriot and citizen of the community, a real woodsman, the best hunter in the delta, and a real life you tube celebritay, also since he is bucket hunting this year, It would be real gentlemanly of him to donate to me all his best saddle spots...that don’t require wrastlin gators or walking on snakes to get to.

Since @Nutterbuster is such a stand up generous true patriot and citizen of the community, a real woodsman, the best hunter in the delta, and a real life you tube celebritay, also since he is bucket hunting this year, It would be real gentlemanly of him to donate to me all his best saddle spots...that don’t require wrastlin gators or walking on snakes to get to.

I'll tell ya my best spot.

All ya gots to do is hop in da boat and ride a piece down the river. Drive careful-like cuz there's a big tree in the outside bend but the inside is real shallow-like. Go slow and keep in the middle. Get out by the oak tree next to the cypress and walk about a quarter to 3 miles until you see the deer standin' theres lookin at ya funny. Sit down on the fallen log by the palmettos and there ya have it.

I can't really tell it to ya no better than that and I ain't got no jee-pee-ess coordinates fer it. But I had my little cousin Nickie put my second best spot in this new computer thing my wife bought me for my birthday.

30.262385, -87.686467

Ain't no tellin' whut you'll see there. I've seen all kinds of deer and other critters.

I'll tell ya my best spot.

All ya gots to do is hop in da boat and ride a piece down the river. Drive careful-like cuz there's a big tree in the outside bend but the inside is real shallow-like. Go slow and keep in the middle. Get out by the oak tree next to the cypress and walk about a quarter to 3 miles until you see the deer standin' theres lookin at ya funny. Sit down on the fallen log by the palmettos and there ya have it.
This makes me want to eat turnip greens with fat back and a little sweet potato pie for some unknown reason. :)

I can't really tell it to ya no better than that and I ain't got no jee-pee-ess coordinates fer it. But I had my little cousin Nickie put my second best spot in this new computer thing my wife bought me for my birthday.

30.262385, -87.686467

Ain't no tellin' whut you'll see there. I've seen all kinds of deer and other critters.
I was checking that spot out. Looks like plenty of wildlife. I would make sure you got a good FOC for some of those critters. Might be hard to get a pass thru on some of those. But don't worry about how much it drops. You should be able to sneak up with in 20yrds of most of em.

This smack talk should be limited to green badges only! If you ain’t competing I ain’t hearing it.

Is cursing allowed in the trash talk thread? It just cuts so much harder that way.

I was checking that spot out. Looks like plenty of wildlife. I would make sure you got a good FOC for some of those critters. Might be hard to get a pass thru on some of those. But don't worry about how much it drops. You should be able to sneak up with in 20yrds of most of em.
Don't matter how ya hit'em. They don't run far. Cant.

Don't matter how ya hit'em. They don't run far. Cant.
Because they got spots and barely can run! Make a sling out of your saddle and fold yer southern prize up and pack yer out on the ca-new!

Brother, you'd need a BIG truck to get some of the bucks I've seen out of that area.
I see ya got the will power to let Bambi walk this year...I see photos of slammers for the south every year on some format or another!

I see ya got the will power to let Bambi walk this year...I see photos of slammers for the south every year on some format or another!
Man, when you know there's a 17ft tall, 1 ton monster lumbering around...it's easier to let lesser targets get a pass.

Although...I think that one technically had spots.

I get first 'dibs on @Nutterbuster's team. He's doin' all sorts of scientific big buck data analysis. Hopin he'll be giving that out for free to fellow team members!! Secret weapon!! Game changer. Plus, NY just changed their rules. We can now legally hunt big game one-half hour before legal sunrise to one half hour after legal sunset...... oh wait, all other states have already allowed that for years. Anyway!!! My bet goes to the team with @Blacktail on it!!!
Thanks NY (the state listed on my birth certificate). We have a 4X4 buck with one brow tine = 9 pt Eastern count. I have a CA buck tag, a CA bear tag, and a New Mexico cow elk tag left. I could whack another CA buck if the wind don’t shift, but I’m gonna save room in the freezer for the elk (most likely not from a saddle) and only shoot a buck or a bear if it’s coming right for me. Preference for the bear since one is threatening our livestock. Do we get points for bears?

Back