• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2022 hyped up thread.

MattMan81

SH Member
So who else is ready for some disconnect from the world time in the woods?
How many more days until your opener?
What are you most excited to try out?
Show a picture of your target buck! Plus a pin. ;)

I know I'm just excited to go hunting. I gotta finish getting my bow set up. But not putting any pressure on my self this year. I just want to enjoy hunting this year. I may not even do the contest. I don't want to feel like I have to climb a tree. Or sit in my saddle. I may use a tree stand a few times just to chill and enjoy.

So who else is ready for some disconnect from the world time in the woods?
How many more days until your opener?
What are you most excited to try out?
Show a picture of your target buck! Plus a pin. ;)

I know I'm just excited to go hunting. I gotta finish getting my bow set up. But not putting any pressure on my self this year. I just want to enjoy hunting this year. I may not even do the contest. I don't want to feel like I have to climb a tree. Or sit in my saddle. I may use a tree stand a few times just to chill and enjoy.
We start October 1st. There is a weekend velvet hunt in late September, but I may just work that weekend and start Oct 1. Sixty-nine days to zero hour if my math is correct. I'm ready to get out there. I plan to chill this season and have fun. That seems to be the times I do my best hunting wise. It's funny you mention the hunting teams. I was looking into that this season and what it takes to get on one. It looked like fun, but I would definitely not be stressing. Good luck this season.

September 10th opener, can’t wait. Got my arrows dialed in pretty good just waiting on some broad heads to check them out. Been scouting the past 3 weekends and found some good sign and some buck beds. Just ready to get up in a tree and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same opener as you @MattMan81 (Oct. 1st). ;) Seems like an eternity away right now. I don't know that I'm going to do much differently this year but I hope to get some more weekday hunts locally after work this year. Who knows, I may retire this fall and have an almost unlimited amount of time to hunt. :tearsofjoy:

I am looking forward to the contest again this year. I don't let it put any pressure on me to kill anything I wouldn't ordinarily but I do like the little push I feel like it gives me to get out and enjoy a day in the woods when the weather's not optimal or my motivation is slightly lacking. I always enjoy my time in the woods, sometimes I just need a bit of push to get out of bed. :)

Agree with that. Hard part in Michigan is weather is usually cooler. Very few times have I hunted in a t-shirt. Even a warm day the evening gets a little chilly. I guess I gotta just put a long sleeve underneath.
That would work. Just make it pink or tie dyed, lol. The weather here will be HOT and HUMID for sure. I have a friend who always talks about his camo speedo for early season.

September 1st. Rode around the other night and couldn't believe the amount of deer all over public property. I start telling my girlfriend how hard it is to find a "good" one, and I think we found three.....lol. One was a 160+.

I don't recall ever seeing these type numbers. It's a zoo here.

Here in VA our opener is Oct. 1st. Man I'm so ready to get out there and just enjoy it. I'm focused on doing more evening hunts. I'm fortunate I have a flexible schedule and can adjust it so I can take off at 3:00pm several days a week.

However I have so much to do to prepare. I have my backup bow sighted in with field points, so need to zero it in with the broadheads. I have a new scope for my main bow and I need to get it zeroed in as well. I think someone calculated 69 days until the opener and that kicked off my anxiety for the evening lol. I will get it together soon.

So VA here so October 1st. I have not put any cameras out and do not chase a particular deer. Just try to set myself in likely spots every year. Going to also be hunting NC, and the opener for that is September 11th this year. Looking forward to a bit of pre season scouting as well on so deep public land spots.

September 10th this year for me. I told myself that I was just going to relax and enjoy sitting in a tree this year but I’m already excited to hopefully get a shot a this guy in early season.
970cca51699a07a657d5b4529e94f4bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn’t before but after talking to the landowners of the parcels I hunt I am now. There’s lots of construction and movement around the parcels I hunt which I figured would push the deer away but the landowners said they’ve seen more deer than ever and large bux too (and a couple black bears and a bobcat!) so I’m stoked.

I wasn’t before but after talking to the landowners of the parcels I hunt I am now. There’s lots of construction and movement around the parcels I hunt which I figured would push the deer away but the landowners said they’ve seen more deer than ever and large bux too (and a couple black bears and a bobcat!) so I’m stoked.
Property behind my house is having a house built towards the front. So far the deer are still back there. Fact as I type this a decent buck is feeding out there.

Property behind my house is having a house built towards the front. So far the deer are still back there. Fact as I type this a decent buck is feeding out there.
Nice. The neighbor dropped a stand right on the property line so I figured well that’s great but my parcel owner told me that guy is a gun hunter and it hasn’t affected deer travel at all so that was nice to hear. Matter of fact this guy has been making biweekly visits
9241E334-ADB9-4E73-9E40-D0FE0F2922FF.png

Back