• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2022 Shed Hunting Thread

PEEJAY

SH Member
(Remove this if someone already started a thread.)

Post what ya got so far. Killin time til we hear gobbles...

Heres my haul from today at lunch

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220204-162852_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220204-162852_Gallery.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 154
Good eye anobody! Those old ones blend in

Hey fellas, what's your secret to finding sheds? Do ya'll use a dog? I know deer density matters of course and that may be part of it, but I have marginal success although I cover a lot of ground, check bedding areas, south facing slopes, known late season feeding areas. Any other tips?

Hey fellas, what's your secret to finding sheds? Do ya'll use a dog? I know deer density matters of course and that may be part of it, but I have marginal success although I cover a lot of ground, check bedding areas, south facing slopes, known late season feeding areas. Any other tips?

Walk slow, stop often and look behind you.

I threw an old shed out in the snow in the backyard a couple of weeks ago hoping one of my dogs would find it and get a nose for shed hunting. Its still buried out there somewhere. :tearsofjoy:

Guess I'm going to have to do it the old fashioned way.
My dogs used to find sheds hidden in the yard all day long including some fresh picked up with gloves on etc but take them to the woods and they go crazy and never found sh!t.

I could never get my dog to find anything but rotten dead things lol. I look for bedding areas close to food sources and field edges. I never find them out in the middle of fields or open areas. Almost never on their trails too.

Back