• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2022 Wisconsin meetup?

There is typically one in August in Sussex, WI.

Where are you guys at in the state?

Does anyone know if there will be a 2022 Wisconsin meetup?
You can always try to start one.
Pick a location and date.
Invite everyone in the area.
Tell them you will be there with a 30 of Bush Lite, and let's talk saddle hunting.
Of course if more guys show up you may need to get two 30s. But it's all good. BL is cheap.

I was planning to host the one in Sussex in August again but have also gotten feedback that late August is not ideal for the guys that are just getting into it since there are lead times to buy once you decide with some of the manufacturers. Saddle lead times are pretty short these days but not always the case with sticks and stands. @TexaninSconny remind me, where are you located? I am open to a change of scenery and am willing to help organize since I’ve been through the rodeo a few times.

a little more on my past meetups. I held them in partnership with Sherwood Forest Bowmen in Sussex the weekend of their annual Bowhunters warmup open house and 3D shoot. The nice thing about that setup is they take care of food, beverages and 3D course and we just show up and hang out, show off our gear and then if people want, they can head out and shoot the 3D course / eat / drink. I didn’t charge anything for the meetup itself. As a bonus, people coming for the open house had an opportunity to check out saddles before or after shooting the 3D course. Last year, @DanO from EWO was there and Rob and Rick from Hunting Beast Gear were there. Both supported with giveaway items. Chad and Jerry from CRUZR came up one year and Chad has continued supporting with saddle and a seeker giveaways. Mark Dohring has also been a regular and supportive with giveaway Items.

It really is a fun time. We have had around 25 people each year so pretty much every commercial saddle, stick and platform out there have been represented at some point.

The Sherwood Forest Bowhunters warmup is Aug 26-28 this year so that would put my meetup on Aug 27 if I host this year.

@TexaninSconny what were you thinking for timing?

I’m down in Racine. I threw that out there half as a joke, but I legit could host it at my place. Not as central of a location. I’ll pm you.

I'm game to meet up and bring my saddle and stick for others to check out. As mentioned earlier think it would be best to choose a date sooner rather than latter so new users have a bit time to dial in their set ups before opening day. If looking to do a meet up during an archery event, Blackhawk Bowhunters Archery Club posted this for 2022 3D archery shoots around Wisconsin:

side note: if anyone in Wisconsin has experience in coyote hunting, would love to meet up and go on a hunt with ya. Trying to step out of my comfort zone and be a little more extraverted and make some new friends.

I’ve never been able to make it because august is just really busy for me. An earlier date would be awesome but understand if things are set with the previous date.

I'm from Rice Lake if I can make it to a meet I would bring Leinenkugel's, EWO Ultimate one stick with UP platform, and Latitude Method 2 Saddle. I also work around the Eau Claire area a lot.

Back