• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2023 WI Mobile Hunter Meetup

ofor

Never too early to get the discussion started for the annual WI mobile hunter meetup. I’ve hosted this at Sherwood Forest Bowmen in Sussex in late August for 3 years and we have had around 20-30 attendees each year. It happens in conjunction with Sherwood Forest’s annual open house and 3D shoot (August 26th this year) which is convenient because they already have food, beverages, raffles etc going on for us to take advantage of. We do saddle, platform and climbing method demos, shoot the bull and wrap it up with some giveaways.

I have also been Talking with the shop manager down at Root River Archery in Racine about a demo day earlier in the year (June 3rd or 4th) most likely to be held at Racine Instinctive Bowmen but will probably still do the meetup at the end of August at Sherwood Forest too.

Who is interested in attending? What would get everyone excited about coming out for another meetup this year?

Last edited:
I'll be watching this one closely. Our weekends are pretty full on the summers with tournament baseball and other events. But if it lines up, my son and I would love to go.

My in-laws are in Racine; if the schedule works out we might have a family trip coincide with a meet-up.

Yeah I don't have many weekends off throughout the year. It's hard to take off time for it as well due to family vacation and my possible elk trip.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

I'm a member at Racine Instinctive Bowmen, if you need to get ahold of anyone there let me know and I can get you contact information.

I'm a member at Racine Instinctive Bowmen, if you need to get ahold of anyone there let me know and I can get you contact information.
Thanks for the offer. Joel from Root River Archery is taking care of getting approvals from the board. That event will be their demo day so I’ll be supporting cast.

Root River Archery confirmed that they will be hosting a demo day at Racine Instinctive Bowman in Racine on June 4th. I don’t have any details yet other than RIB also has a 3D shoot at the club that weekend. I’ll share more details as they become available.

My boys and I are looking forward to it and will do are best to be at both events. Most likely bring others

I attended the Sussex event last year and really enjoyed it. I am planning on doing it again this year and hoping to bring some friends new to the whole saddle thing to check it out!

Root River Archery confirmed that they will be hosting a demo day at Racine Instinctive Bowman in Racine on June 4th. I don’t have any details yet other than RIB also has a 3D shoot at the club that weekend. I’ll share more details as they become available.
Any details about this? I know the shoot is Saturday and Sunday.

Any details about this? I know the shoot is Saturday and Sunday.
I should have a flyer from Root River archery in the next day or so. I talked to Joel tonight and got some details. The 3D shoot is both Saturday and Sunday with a money shoot on Saturday afternoon. Saddle demo day is Sunday from 10-3. They will have all sizes and type of CRUZR saddle, all sizes of Latitude saddles and all sizes of Tethrd saddles as well as the new Latitude carbon fiber sticks, beast sticks

Anyone planning to come out on June 4th for the saddle demo day? See flyer in the previous post and hit me up with questions.

Back