• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2nd Western Pennsylvania Saddle demo meet *POSTPONED*

Would you be interested in attending the 2nd Saddle Meet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThePennsylvanian

Well, here we are, late October, I hope every one is having one heck of a season!
That said, I want to get the ball rolling on the next W/PA meet up! I had a blast having everyone down this year, and now I definitely want to make it happen again! Even though it was a little last minute this year, it went very well and had a descent turn out, with a great mix up of styles and setups.
https://saddlehunter.com/community/...tern-pennsylvania-saddlepalooza-anyone.14187/ - last years link

To begin planning this, here's some things im looking for:
Dates: march, april, may timeframe
Solid venue - (must be able to climb or atleast get into a tree, ability to shoot would be nice but not required)
Keeping it free - I dont want to make this something that folks would be required to pay for!
Raffle - We did get a few prizes last year but planning ahead of time will give us the ability to track down sponsorship!
Food - Hopefully, guys would be up for a game feast with folks contributing dishes, drinks, supplies!
ALCOHOL FREE - atleast for the demo it self, mixing alcohol and what we aim to do is just not good for securing a venue....
Mentors - just a fun way to have experienced saddle sitters to be available to those who have not yet cut their teeth in a saddle, or are looking to try before they buy!

I'm not only open to suggestions, but really hope that yall will have input and ideas to make this happen! Again, just looking to get folks talking and thinking about this, as this is gonna be for everyone! Hope to hear from you all, happy hunting, good luck and stay safe!

We did one in Michigan in March but got lucky that we had great weather. Just thought I'd throw that out there as it could be snowing. If it works out I'd love to join this time.

Glad to have ya! We had a small one in August, and the common theme was to have the next one early in the year. To be honest though, I'm not opposed to having it if the snow sticks around, that could eliminate a lot of the "what about when it gets cold" questions that seem to be ever present! Grab so insulated bibs, have a big fire, cook some hot food, enjoy some crazy folks hanging from trees after deer season in the snow...... yep that suites our crew! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

@bj139 - it'll definitely in the vicinity of Pittsburgh, I'd within an hours radius of. Public lands lie state parks and game lands are tough to schedule for use because of it being a planned event. They wanted us to have insurance or have every one in attendance purchase a hunting license. I may be able to swing county park in Washington county but that'll definitely rule out organized shooting.... It's very early in the planning but we'll try to accommodate as much as we can, in order to get the highest potential fr attendees!
@RRussell - for sure not gonna be Feb, too dern cold

I'm definitely interested in learning from everyone else out there. I can't speak highly enough about how great this resource has been for me in my first year of saddle hunting. Is there anything better than the opportunity to get together, share knowledge, and exaggerate stories of success, all while we feast upon the fruits of countless hours hanging from trees?

I’m definitely interested. I’m more partial to April or even may as the weather may be better but whatever is decided I’m good with.

Thanks for organizing the first one, it was definitely nice seeing more experienced members use their gear.

I keep meaning to ask the higher ups at my club (PMSC) to see if it's a possibility. Keep forgetting though.

Beaver Valley Archery Club might be able to host you, they have a indoor range and some wooded property outside. Contact Glen Fillinger 724-847-3514

They might. I live 5 minutes from there. Used to belong but I just don’t have the time to get there to be worth the membership.

I would definitely try to make . Had fun last year and was happy to help out the new guys. Great group of guys. Would definitely come up with some kind of wild game goodies.

I live near Bedford, PA and have a 170 acre farm with varying trees and terrain of all types. If you would expand your distance from Pittsburgh to Bedford then I might be able to offer up the farm for a weekend. There is a 1/2 mile of river frontage and people could camp as well. Let me know if your interested. Also if people brought 3D targets there is an old rail road bed that would make a nice level course.

The only problem would be if we get a lot of rain the majority of the farm turns to mud fast.

I live near Bedford, PA and have a 170 acre farm with varying trees and terrain of all types. If you would expand your distance from Pittsburgh to Bedford then I might be able to offer up the farm for a weekend. There is a 1/2 mile of river frontage and people could camp as well. Let me know if your interested. Also if people brought 3D targets there is an old rail road bed that would make a nice level course.

The only problem would be if we get a lot of rain the majority of the farm turns to mud fast.

Did we just become best friends? :laughing: :D :cool:

I said no, internet people are weird, but I possibly could if the timing is right. It's tough enough for me to get enough scouting, fishing, and hunting in with two little tots and a job.

Think about a late season campout/hunt? Camping can be a little rough that time of year depending on the weather, but I would be more interested in a hunting camp type thing than traveling just for a show and tell with gear. Just my thoughts.

Any chance you could have it near the middle of the state just west of Harrisburg? At a state park there should be plenty of trees to climb.
Okay! We are all coming to your house!
JK, But I believe this is a W PA hosting location. You are welcome to join us, but if its too far, then host one over your way.

Back