• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

3 legged yote.

He definitely looks healthy. It is weird how short the stub is. Doesn't look like he chewed it off and more like an amputation or something torn it off.

I shot one like that years ago running em with beagles. The stump on her leg was even shorter than that. She coming running thru like greased lightning when I rolled her with the shotgun. Didn't even know it had 3 legal till I walked up on it

Hard to say. There is a big farm nearby and they hunt. So definitely a possibility. I dont trap. Not against it...just never got into it. He sure chewed it pretty far up if thats what happened haha. I wonder if i could suck it up and do that if i had to. Prolly pass out a couple times in the process. Bada$$ animals
Trap got the leg?

The more I see the crap animals live through with no medical attention the more I marvel at them. Good thing we've got some smart people that have invented all the medical advantages we have. Awesome pic.

Trap got the leg?
I doubt it, way to high, I used to trap and still do hunt coyotes a lot, my guess is somebody winged it with a rifle at some point in time, a trap would be maybe 2 or 3” at most, I see that probably 4 times a winter, to see it this high is quite unusual.

I shot one a couple years ago and unfortunately didn't account for the distance it traveled away while holding at full draw. When it finally stopped I shot. As it ran off the leg was swinging by a strip of fur.

Back