• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

$30 Cams

jlh42581

Heres a new video, I want to make a note with you guys because I like you more than the rest of the world.

:D

Id choose the wildgame sad is that is to say. Main reason is that the lens and LED array is sealed as you can see in the video. Ive had the tasco fog up when the seal is not quite right. This doesnt happen with the design of the wildgame. However, the wildgame really lacks a lot of features. To me, id choose the reliability of the image. What do you think youd choose? At $30, its hard to be too picky.

I have had one of the Tasco 10mp for a year on christmas, been running it pretty much constantly and have only changed the batteries once. its worked good enough for me, and at like $26 dollars im not too worried if it gets stolen.

I have had one of the Tasco 10mp for a year on christmas, been running it pretty much constantly and have only changed the batteries once. its worked good enough for me, and at like $26 dollars im not too worried if it gets stolen.

Same way I gamble with cheap climbing sticks. Ive been buying "field and stream" brand on "flash" sale from dixsporting(spelling filter killing me) lately for like $45 a set of 4. I split them in sets of 2 and they have a versa button system! Maybe ill video compare some cheap semi annual sticks next.

I have been running tascos for years! I have not had one malfunction yet. I really set my bar at 30 for cameras for the exact reasons stated in the video. I have 9 tasco, 3 stealth cans, 2 browning, and 1 did have a wild game but a squirrel had been chewing on it until water got inside and now the cam is shot. I didnt pay more than 30 for any of them! A few of the tascos I got as cheap as 18$$.
I'm still working out the best trail cam tactics to use but, how I've been using them has worked for me. I dont need the insane detail, I'm looking to count hairs. They are detailed enough that when I get a picture of the same buck on a couple different cameras I can recognize it.
Great points, good video. Thanks for sharing!

I have been running tascos for years! I have not had one malfunction yet. I really set my bar at 30 for cameras for the exact reasons stated in the video. I have 9 tasco, 3 stealth cans, 2 browning, and 1 did have a wild game but a squirrel had been chewing on it until water got inside and now the cam is shot. I didnt pay more than 30 for any of them! A few of the tascos I got as cheap as 18$$.
I'm still working out the best trail cam tactics to use but, how I've been using them has worked for me. I dont need the insane detail, I'm looking to count hairs. They are detailed enough that when I get a picture of the same buck on a couple different cameras I can recognize it.
Great points, good video. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, I think we have all been lead to believe that it somehow matters more than it does. Good marketing I suppose. Most times someone shows me a big buck on a camera, I dont care how good the quality is because honestly, most of them affect me zero. Im not hunting that deer.

The only thing that matters to me at this point is the pattern. Ill worry about a high quality photo if I am smart enough to win!

I had a couple tascos and WGI cameras back in the day, and I literally threw them all out after my second camera pull with my first browning.

Maybe I just had bad luck, but I could barely get useable pictures half the time with the cheapos

Ive got 6 stealth cam G42NG cameras, a higher end moultrie and a few cheapo’s. The stealth cans are great. Never let me down (except when the river bottom they were in flooded, but that is to be expected). The moultrie is a tad too sensitive i think, catches every tiny movement. May just need to adjust some settings. And the cheap ones, well they work, just not as well. I have them spread around several different areas i hunt, no more than 3 on about 200 acres. Ill be getting more eventually

Back