• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

44 dollars for 2 climbing stick standoffs??

stonewall308

Hey guys. I have some api sticks that i sawed down into mini sticks. So i have extra steps because I converted my sticks from three steps to two, and i was considering making a fourth stick. All i need is the tubing, button, and standoffs. Well it turns out that the standoffs cost $22 each. Im having a hard time spending that when i can get an entire set of 4 hawk helium sticks for $100. Any ideas?

Hey guys. I have some api sticks that i sawed down into mini sticks. So i have extra steps because I converted my sticks from three steps to two, and i was considering making a fourth stick. All i need is the tubing, button, and standoffs. Well it turns out that the standoffs cost $22 each. Im having a hard time spending that when i can get an entire set of 4 hawk helium sticks for $100. Any ideas?

Have you consider aiders? movable aider or single attached to each stick will give you the same height as a 4th stick probably.

What standoffs are you trying to purchase?
API standoffs are a dime a dozen around here on this website. If you become a paying member you can post in the classifieds and should be able to pick them up fairly easily. Good luck with your build.

I was looking at the standoffs on doublesteps . com
Also be aware that if you are using API hardware that the steps and fasteners (nuts washers bolts etc.) are 5/16" vs the standard 1/4" that lone wolf, novix, EWO etc. uses. You can use a EWO stand off with 1/4" fastener through your 5/16" hole for your API stick and API doublestep but over time it will warp the hole due to the gap. Like is said, the best bet for you is to stick with API stuff you already have; otherwise, your DIY build is gonna get expensive.

He just types really quick I recon. He spells words wrong, disregards grammar, and leaves periods all over the place which makes his replies hard to read or comprehend. Your reply wasn’t that bad but it made me think of it.
He's from the other side so I can't say 4 sure if we could hang....depends on if he wears a flat bill hat....I never allowed myself to get down in the gutter but sounds like we could talk punk rock. Period is right next to the spacebar....what do u expect... The phone should know and autocorrect since it's supposed to be so smart

He's from the other side so I can't say 4 sure if we could hang....depends on if he wears a flat bill hat....I never allowed myself to get down in the gutter but sounds like we could talk punk rock. Period is right next to the spacebar....what do u expect... The phone should know and autocorrect since it's supposed to be so smart
Start a new thread, "Sunday Night Punk", start it off with the entire 1984 film "Repo Man".

Also be aware that if you are using API hardware that the steps and fasteners (nuts washers bolts etc.) are 5/16" vs the standard 1/4" that lone wolf, novix, EWO etc. uses. You can use a EWO stand off with 1/4" fastener through your 5/16" hole for your API stick and API doublestep but over time it will warp the hole due to the gap. Like is said, the best bet for you is to stick with API stuff you already have; otherwise, your DIY build is gonna get expensive.

Great point about the different hole diameters. I used a bushing to accommodate the differences a couple years ago when I put some older Muddy double steps onto a Lone Wolf post to try out the double step concept. The bushing helped to keep the hole from getting messed up.

@tailgunner is from Oregon...it’s not his fault fellas but beast stand offs are fairly cheap too bra-migo

Back