• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

5.5mm / 6mm eye-to-eye hitch cords

I have tasked a major supplier of sewn ropes with this task and they haven't been able to deliver yet. It has been a few months too. Sterling has been so backed up as well, otherwise I'd expect them to come out with something. I'll go beat some more bushes. :)

I have tasked a major supplier of sewn ropes with this task and they haven't been able to deliver yet. It has been a few months too. Sterling has been so backed up as well, otherwise I'd expect them to come out with something. I'll go beat some more bushes. :)

Get this sorted out so I can spend some money! I’ll be switching everything to the 8mm stuff before next season for sure.

Any progress with this @DanO? Do we need several people to reach out to them to prove there is demand?
I actually heard back from them a few days ago - they haven't made any progress and waiting on parts to fix their test machine. I'll reach out to Sterling this week, they've been off.

I have a length of samson warpspeed 2 6mm I am using as a distel hitch cord. It geips and releases great for me but I am climbing big fat 11mm rope. It has an "average strength" when spliced of 5100 lbs. I didnt do eye splices on mine, just poachers knots.

I have not extensively tested it but it has promise. It is a bit stiff, so I am not sure how it would perform on skinny ole oplux.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I did my own knots this year, but really interested in getting these available.

Someone has finally filled this need... at least for me. Must give Chad from Cruzr the nod. Bet your bottom I pulled the trigger on a few before posting this.

Someone has finally filled this need... at least for me. Must give Chad from Cruzr the nod. Bet your bottom I pulled the trigger on a few before posting this.

Nice, thanks for posting. I do a 5 wrap distel (1 more wrap than shown in most online tutorials), and this seems like it might not be long enough. But maybe once it stretches a bit under weight.

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve been looking for something like this for awhile!! Great find, and thank you Chad!!!

Splicing TRC, as it is, would be hard and not strong enough, replacing the core with a single braid of dyneema is possible, better, but still has a lower break strength. A single loop of 1.75 Vectran can be made to form three smaller loops and put into the TRC cover, this gives six strands, which from testing, has a break at 560 lbs each. The hitch cords in the picture, have six strands, for a break strength of around 3300 lbs, and are flexible right up to the eyes. The tested green cord shown was 8 strands. Still working on a better solution to cover tails, the next one will be full bury for a nicer appearance.
90A58D0A-869D-4756-83EF-7D7A5618B086.jpeg

Splicing TRC, as it is, would be hard and not strong enough, replacing the core with a single braid of dyneema is possible, better, but still has a lower break strength. A single loop of 1.75 Vectran can be made to form three smaller loops and put into the TRC cover, this gives six strands, which from testing, has a break at 560 lbs each. The hitch cords in the picture, have six strands, for a break strength of around 3300 lbs, and are flexible right up to the eyes. The tested green cord shown was 8 strands. Still working on a better solution to cover tails, the next one will be full bury for a nicer appearance.
View attachment 43572
Brocky, How long is your hitch cord? Exactly what is that knot BTW? I'd like to try it.

Nice, thanks for posting. I do a 5 wrap distel (1 more wrap than shown in most online tutorials), and this seems like it might not be long enough. But maybe once it stretches a bit under weight.

other than the obvious difference between sewn eye to eye and poacher's knots, is there benefit to using one over the other. currently using TRC with poacher's knot.

DanO the ManO with the PlanO
Currently sold out, but a great new item

I wonder how much of the Probe cord can be used, crude measuring from the picture seems to show each end being around 3” long, that times two equals 14” for tying the hitch. Being a single braid it should flatten out for better gripping, so maybe doesn’t need to be longer.

DanO the ManO with the PlanO
Currently sold out, but a great new item

Been waiting for that. For the price, I think I'll be trying my own knots. DanO has the hook up for that, and it'll only be like 6 bucks.

Back