• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

6 years ago today

jcam1841

Six years ago today, it was about 2 weeks before MA archery opener. I made one last trip out to my spot to check my cameras. As I got to my stand I find that both my cameras AND my ladder sticks were stolen leaving my stand by itself 20 ft up. Discouraged I thought my season was shot. I bought another set of sticks to get my stand outta there.

A month later my world turns upside down. I had a seizure while driving to the store with my wife and daughter which resulted in a minor accident where no one got hurt. A scan at the hospital finds a stage 4 brain tumor. Maybe I wasn't supposed to be sitting in a tree stand that season. After a successful surgery and removal of a "bar of soap" sized tumor I started a year of chemo and weeks of radiation.

3 yrs later my 2019 bow season and first back in the woods was my first season in a saddle.

As I am walking out of my semi annual MRI today 9/30 with another clean bill of health just 2 weeks out from my 2022 opener. I'm excited to still be around for my family and get out in the woods again. This site has been amazing to keep the love for hunting in me. I've said it before on here but...THANK YOU ALL!

Last edited:
I'm so glad to see a win over cancer. We see and hear so many stories that dont end well. Congrats and good luck this season!

Six years ago today, it was about 2 weeks before MA archery opener. I made one last trip out to my spot to check my cameras. As I got to my stand I find that both my cameras AND my ladder sticks were stolen leaving my stand by itself 20 ft up. Discouraged I thought my season was shot. I bought another set of sticks to get my stand outta there.

A month later my world turns upside down. I had a seizure while driving to the store with my wife and daughter which resulted in a minor accident where no one got hurt. A scan at the hospital finds a stage 4 brain tumor. Maybe I wasn't supposed to be sitting in a tree stand that season. After a successfully surgery and removal of a "bar of soap" sized tumor I started a year of chemo and weeks of radiation.

3 yrs later my 2019 bow season and first back in the woods was my first season in a saddle.

As I am walking out of my semi annual MRI today 9/30 with another clean bill of health just 2 weeks out from my 2022 opener. I'm excited to still be around for my family and get out in the woods again. This site has been amazing to keep the love for hunting in me. I've said it before on here but...THANK YOU ALL!
You tugged on my heart strings.
Everyday is a gift!!
God bless you!

A month later my world turns upside down. I had a seizure while driving to the store with my wife and daughter which resulted in a minor accident where no one got hurt. A scan at the hospital finds a stage 4 brain tumor. Maybe I wasn't supposed to be sitting in a tree stand that season. After a successfully surgery and removal of a "bar of soap" sized tumor I started a year of chemo and weeks of radiation.

Heck yeah!!

Back