• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

A decent buck for my area

NCbowhunter4life

4f2b247d4206eb9c2e225e13bc871256.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a Good buck. The important part is he’s moving in the daylight! Where is he going? Where is he coming from? What’s access? Go kill him.

He’s coming off off neighboring property that’s being hunted. I have access to the property where the picture was taken. I hunted most of the day Saturday but didn’t see him. My wife went to pick our daughter up about 8 pm and he was in the road walking less than 150 yards from where the picture was taken. I work over an hour away and cannot get home in time to hunt in the evenings. My only days are on the weekends.

I don’t see a time stamp on pic. If you know that time and have a sighting at 8:00 pm then you have 2 locations to figure his movement. Based on that information and knowledge you have of the terrain use your best judgment and set up. Hopefully Saturday you’ll see him. Good luck and be safe.

The picture was at 5:15 pm . His routine of travel shows him coming from the south with the wind in his face, prevailing north winds. Only problem is I only have about an acre and a half to try and get a shot on him. I’m going to give it my best shot.

The picture was at 5:15 pm . His routine of travel shows him coming from the south with the wind in his face, prevailing north winds. Only problem is I only have about an acre and a half to try and get a shot on him. I’m going to give it my best shot.

Good luck

Hunted in Ashe county a few times this year.
I would love to have more areas to hunt but it's hard to pay for a place to hunt and find people helping themselves to it. Game wardens are few and far between to be of much help. Good luck up here, there are some nice bucks around.

Back