• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

A Dog is your Best Friend

bj139

We had to euthanize our dog yesterday. I am completely devastated over the loss of my best friend. He had a tumor last July which was removed and he became well but the cancer grew back in his abdomen. We had another 8 months with him after the operation. I wanted to go shed hunting this spring but did not feel too well. Maybe in a few days.

Sorry man. It's always hard, particularly when they're sick for a while and you have to make the call on when it's time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sincerely sorry for your loss. Our dogs are truly family members and loved as such. It really is hard when the time comes to lose one.

Man sorry to bout that. You dont know how much they are part of your life until they are gone. Praying for ya

That sucks man! Sorry for your loss.
I had the same thing with my American bulldog about 4 years ago.

See you in a tree, Ricky

Sorry for your loss, that really stinks. Mine is two years old and I don't even want to think about that day in the far future. I'm contemplating if I should get another dog when she's 7, which is about half life time...

Sorry for your loss, been there with all my pets in the past. Remember the fun times. My kids still tell stories of their dog growing.

So sorry to hear that, man. I pray this time of grieving will, in due time, give way to fond memories and laughs about the many wonderful traits that made your dog so special.

Thank you for all the kind replies and prayers. He was a member of the family and losing him is tough. I keep telling myself the cancer killed him and not me. I have been drinking whiskey and gin to ease the pain. I should be OK in a few days, I think. :cry:

Worst feeling ever. I lost my last dog to cancer and still get emotional when I visit her grave. They give us unconditional love. Take time to reflect on the good memories and soon enough you’ll be thinking about the next best friend.

Euthanizing your critically ill pet is such a difficult decision to make - but a loving one that ends your pet’s suffering. The hardest part is the void you have when your companion is gone.

It *IS* the cancer that killed him, and it’s your love and caring that stopped his needless suffering. Knowing that doesn’t make it any easier though. All of us who have had to put down a beloved pet knows what you’re going through - and it’s tough. I’m really sorry for your loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very sorry for your loss. It's a hard thing to go through. I've hot a little mixed terrier now that I absolutely love. Probably the best dog I've ever had and when his time comes its gonna crush me. Dogs are the best.

Sorry to hear that. We had are beagle for 16 years she was a good girl I miss her a lot. It will take sometime for you to heal. Hang in there.

So sorry to hear that brother. Dogs are too good to us, and they never expect anything in return.

Back