• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

A hint of the all new Guidos Web

Autumnrider

Safety, comfort and mobility are my main concerns while hunting. I believe that Mr. John has come up with a saddle stand that will make a difference.
Here are 3 of many things that I have learned about the New Guidos Web.

1) made with mesh
2) made to be used as a saddle stand, seat for turkey hunting (on the ground or from the hanging on a tree) and also the Web can be used as a seat (with legs) while hunting from a ground blind
3) made with smaller webbing and less amount of straps.

More information is on the way, like an adapter for a video camera and built in bow holder, pockets for more storage and more.

I'm excited to see what all the New Guidos Web will be capable of and what the saddle hunter will be capable of while putting this saddle to use.
a93280417df74eaabc8d2bc88313761e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Safety, comfort and mobility are my main concerns while hunting. I believe that Mr. John has come up with a saddle stand that will make a difference.
Here are 3 of many things that I have learned about the New Guidos Web.

1) made with mesh
2) made to be used as a saddle stand, seat for turkey hunting (on the ground or from the hanging on a tree) and also the Web can be used as a seat (with legs) while hunting from a ground blind
3) made with smaller webbing and less amount of straps.

More information is on the way, like an adapter for a video camera and built in bow holder, pockets for more storage and more.

I'm excited to see what all the New Guidos Web will be capable of and what the saddle hunter will be capable of while putting this saddle to use.
a93280417df74eaabc8d2bc88313761e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Can't wait to see it.

Nice. I love my web.

Things I really like so far:

1.) Light weight back and mesh. This will be great in warmer weather.

2.) Earth tone straps

3.) Appears to be a multifunctional whale tail? Looks intriguing.

4.) Back appears to accommodate many packing/accessory solutions.

The only thing I dislike right now aluminum bottom. For the following reasons:

1.) Weight. I suspect this is being done to accommodate the modular design. It looks heavier and bulkier than the seat needs to be. This kind of reminds me of the Evo with its unnecessary bulk and the rigging plates (i.e. paws) to accommodate "everything". In the end, the Evo felt like it was good at many things but great at nothing. I would rather see a lighter weight bottom. This has been asked in the past and was the design basis for the "Black Widow" web. Light and ultimate comfort.

2. Noise. At a minimum I would cover the exposed edge. Aluminum square tube is a noise factory. Cold weather could be an issue. Like many, I find aluminum square tube welded components noisy in cold weather.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Definetly interesting.

My thoughts:

So why did John shut the company down if he was going to come out with the new web?I know he was looking to retire? It looked like he was selling/sold the company?

Did he just sell the company and be retained as a consultant for new owners?

This would give a clean break from the old company with 0 liability on the part of the new company.

Just wondering if a big company or companies bought the rights to Guido Web.

I like the idea of the new web. It looks like with the mesh seat ie Millenium and with the aluminum support ie curvature of the seat look to almost be Summit driven. A lot of research has gone into the new web and it did not just come off the drawing board in my opinion.

Just wondering out loud if one or several of the big boys got together with John & offered him a sweet heart deal.

If I was a major tree stand manufacturer I would. Guido’s web was prime for the picking. Saddle hunting is becoming a mainstay in a unique hunting method. Saddle hunting from a manufacturing standpoint is in its infancy.

Saddle hunting is the safest way to hunt from a tree in the sense that as long as you are attached you cannot fall. If you do slip you may get hurt but you are not going to die or become an invalent. Guido Web was written up by Outdoor Life as the Safest Hunting tree stand.

Definetly interesting.

My thoughts:

So why did John shut the company down if he was going to come out with the new web?I know he was looking to retire? It looked like he was selling/sold the company?

Did he just sell the company and be retained as a consultant for new owners?

This would give a clean break from the old company with 0 liability on the part of the new company.

Just wondering if a big company or companies bought the rights to Guido Web.

I like the idea of the new web. It looks like with the mesh seat ie Millenium and with the aluminum support ie curvature of the seat look to almost be Summit driven. A lot of research has gone into the new web and it did not just come off the drawing board in my opinion.

Just wondering out loud if one or several of the big boys got together with John & offered him a sweet heart deal.

If I was a major tree stand manufacturer I would. Guido’s web was prime for the picking. Saddle hunting is becoming a mainstay in a unique hunting method. Saddle hunting from a manufacturing standpoint is in its infancy.

Saddle hunting is the safest way to hunt from a tree in the sense that as long as you are attached you cannot fall. If you do slip you may get hurt but you are not going to die or become an invalent. Guido Web was written up by Outdoor Life as the Safest Hunting tree stand.
Unless I'm mistaken, John is the new owner. The original owner was named Butch.

I think these are ideas for improvements from the new owner.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back