• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

A real DIY traditional bow

Ontariofarmer

Hand carved. Four foot long arrows. Five foot bow. Bamboo string.
I traded a ball cap for the bow and arrows in 2001 in a remote part of New Guinea. The guy I got it from was a minimalist. He was wearing a gourd and no shoes and no scent control. His foot wear provided stealth. Super tough feet. He knew how to hunt.
0663ff930bf7e40bcc448cbfb211feb8.jpg
0fc56a212b24af652bb86c54ed49909d.jpg
62d5ae18faaedf16f525a33c8600eeee.jpg

IMG_0225 (1).jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
I have several arrows. Some for birds to eat, some for pigs, some for humans unfortunately. The multi prong arrows are for birds that we buy in pets stores for several thousand dollars apiece

Curved conical arrows were to allow pigs to bleed out. At least that is what I was told

That’s awesome. One heck of a conversation piece for the coffee table!
Million dollar artifact and smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

477f388c233b00a68d84773b1b9770fb.jpg

Let’s say I hope they don’t use this type anymore

Did you get to watch the folks there hunt or use their equipment? I’d be willing to bet they’re rather proficient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back