• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

A simple "Thank You"

Nimbus1376

SH Member
I've been on the forum for a few months now and I wanted to make an observation which, while seemingly inconsequential, is quite impactful: The accepting and obsequious nature of people on this blog. If you spend any time at all on Instagram, Reddit, or other platforms (I'm not of Facebook, so I cannot speak to that), you'll find the amount of trolling, snarkiness, and overall malcontent to be quite pervasive and off-putting.

Since I've been here, I have seen very little of the above. It seems as though any question, suggestion, or observation is met with poise, consideration, and respect. Even in the context of a horse beaten to death, a link is supplied to the appropriate thread with no fanfare and no derogation of someone's character.

This response by the saddlehunter community has been a guiding light for me and has changed my response to people in general. I find that I am more open, unbiased, and nonjudgmental as a consequence. I feel that this is especially pertinent given the current politico-economic situation currently present in the good old US of A. Hell, I even talk about this with my wife who is a non-hunter and unwitting enabler of my most current obsession.

So, to get right to it, I just wanted to say: Thank you. Please, do not change who we are as a community (at least as it is portrayed on this platform) because I think it represents a microcosm of what society could be.

I've been on the forum for a few months now and I wanted to make an observation which, while seemingly inconsequential, is quite impactful: The accepting and obsequious nature of people on this blog. If you spend any time at all on Instagram, Reddit, or other platforms (I'm not of Facebook, so I cannot speak to that), you'll find the amount of trolling, snarkiness, and overall malcontent to be quite pervasive and off-putting.

Since I've been here, I have seen very little of the above. It seems as though any question, suggestion, or observation is met with poise, consideration, and respect. Even in the context of a horse beaten to death, a link is supplied to the appropriate thread with no fanfare and no derogation of someone's character.

This response by the saddlehunter community has been a guiding light for me and has changed my response to people in general. I find that I am more open, unbiased, and nonjudgmental as a consequence. I feel that this is especially pertinent given the current politico-economic situation currently present in the good old US of A.

I read this as if an alien was writing it telling us that he was sent to annihilate humans and instead seen the good side of people and decided to let us live. Thank you.

I can't remember where I read this but the quote goes "I went looking for the worst in others but found it in myself"....same happens but in reverse.... when you are instead looking for the best in others. Thanks for the words, it made my night.

I read this as if an alien was writing it telling us that he was sent to annihilate humans and instead seen the good side of people and decided to let us live. Thank you.
I am not Elon Musk, but can assure you that the existence of these “human saddle hunters” has, at least, guaranteed the non-elimination of said species for now.

I WANT to agree with this post ! I haven’t been here very long but really enjoy the feeling of a “Brotherhood” most all I’ve interacted with or bought/sold with have been very kind... love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I long for the days that vanished over 20 years ago when if a man stepped over the line with malice of forethought and so greatly disrespected his fellow man he could expect to be given the choice of immediately apologizing or get his azz handed to him, and society as a whole expected he accepted the consequences for his unacceptable verbal indiscretions. Now due to governments never ending war to legislatively castrate all men, cowardly people have made a literal living out of inciting violence against themselves with the premediated intention of suing in hopes of a litigated financial windfall. Back when a man could expect to get his azz kicked for egregiously disrespecting his fellow man without just cause, society was a MUCH more polite and civil place.
I have told more soy-boys who love to write checks with their mouths their azzes can not possibly cash than I can recall to go home and thank AMG I value my 2nd amendment rights more than my desire to give him the azz whopping he so desperately needs and justly deserves.

This response by the saddlehunter community has been a guiding light for me and has changed my response to people in general. I find that I am more open, unbiased, and nonjudgmental as a consequence. I feel that this is especially pertinent given the current politico-economic situation currently present in the good old US of A. Hell, I even talk about this with my wife who is a non-hunter and unwitting enabler of my most current obsession.

So, to get right to it, I just wanted to say: Thank you. Please, do not change who we are as a community (at least as it is portrayed on this platform) because I think it represents a microcosm of what society could be.
I think the nature of the internet is generally terrible. I give full credit to the moderators who run a tight ship. Most people know that if a thread gets out of hand, the refs will step in. It’s almost like hockey in the 90’s. There’s a bench clearing brawl now and then(scent control debate) but the refs get it under control eventually.

I think the nature of the internet is generally terrible. I give full credit to the moderators who run a tight ship. Most people know that if a thread gets out of hand, the refs will step in. It’s almost like hockey in the 90’s. There’s a bench clearing brawl now and then(scent control debate) but the refs get it under control eventually.
100% accurate and 100% true.
Mutual respect and common courtesy are all but extinct in people under 40 these days. I have received more compliments than I can possibly recall let alone count on how polite well mannered and behaved my sons are starting since they were 7 or 8 years of age and they are now 16 and 18
I'm sadly often asked how did I manage to raise such mannerly and polite sons who've never been in any trouble what so ever, I then as always say ask my sons and they always reply "We have never had any other choice"
Sadly exhibiting kindness or being polite are no longer looked upon as admirable qualities in a man but rather are regarded by many as signs of weakness which in the case of myself and my sons is a most extreme of errors

Oh contrare DMT. Its the values and accountability you’re instilling in your family are what is lacking in our country IMO. Bravo and rock on. In regards to the op I agree wholeheartedly. Great site and one of the few I take place on. Nothing worse than an unchecked keyboard cowboy. Thanks all for an awesome resource. Happy belated New Year

Back