• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Abowyer Broadheads. Anybody shoot them?

They’re really nice, used to be on the high end, but now considered normal priced heads. They make em a few miles from me. I guess I always just stuck with grizzly heads due to price. But now these seem reasonable… lol

I just gave 3 of their 200 grain away this week.
I shot them out of my recurve last year.
They performed well. I shot a bear with it and it zipped through him like it was butter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just gave 3 of their 200 grain away this week.
I shot them out of my recurve last year.
They performed well. I shot a bear with it and it zipped through him like it was butter.

Gave them away??????????? were they that bad??????

Gave them away??????????? were they that bad??????

Haha. No. I went back to a compound for this season and figured someone else could put them to use for now.
They were great. They had no problem zipping through a deer or bear. I actually shot both with the same head and after re sharpening it, it still looks new.

Haha. No. I went back to a compound for this season and figured someone else could put them to use for now.
They were great. They had no problem zipping through a deer or bear. I actually shot both with the same head and after re sharpening it, it still looks new.

So I'm shooting compound as well but using the screw in version in 200 grain( I assume yours were glue on)

So I'm shooting compound as well but using the screw in version in 200 grain( I assume yours were glue on)

They were the screw in.
I don’t shoot as heavy a set up with my compound. Around 450 TAW, so I shoot a 100 grain point with my FMJs (yes, I know Ranch Fairy despises them, but they have always worked for me lol)

Here’s what I had.
The one with the rust/blood spot is the one I shot a deer and bear with. As you can see, it still looks practically new.

3e99daf84dfa746be69eb574d2378719.jpg

They were the screw in.
I don’t shoot as heavy a set up with my compound. Around 450 TAW, so I shoot a 100 grain point with my FMJs (yes, I know Ranch Fairy despises them, but they have always worked for me lol)

Here’s what I had.
The one with the rust/blood spot is the one I shot a deer and bear with. As you can see, it still looks practically new.

3e99daf84dfa746be69eb574d2378719.jpg

Wow some lucky friend you gave them to!

Wow some lucky friend you gave them to!

You barely missed them, I posted them in the classifieds a few days ago.
That reminds me, I need to ship them.

You’ll like them; they seem to be pretty bulletproof.

You barely missed them, I posted them in the classifieds a few days ago.
That reminds me, I need to ship them.

You’ll like them; they seem to be pretty bulletproof.

Thats my luck

Back