• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Accessory hanger

Jokerswild

So I saw this at the hardware store and got to thinking. Not weight bearing - but it just might have a purpose.

Wraps up and cinches down in a snap. s-biners could be hung and be mobile sliding hooks as needed. I actually ran the rope through the path a second time, which really locked it in. This pic is just one time through the path so its clearer to see. A guy could add some weight to the "lock" by leaving a prussic on the tag end to hold a pack. That tag end can also be run between the tree and the cord to keep it from getting bumped or coming loose. IMG_20200113_201646.jpg

I’m a big fan of the figure 9 for the gear hanger. I think it’s a lot simpler to get situated and loosened up than a cam jam.

probably overkill...

But referring back to my first pic....I wrapped the rope around route 2, two times after cinching on the first pass

Then brought the tag end up through the clip make sure it does get bumped

Triple guard it with the V-Band

You cant tear it off the tree. Solid, Quick, Easy. IMG_20200114_194659.jpgIMG_20200114_194916.jpg

Last edited:
I used one all year and it worked great. I tied a loop every 4” in the para cord. I didn’t like the loops. This off seasons I plan on trying S hooks on just the straight para cord still using the figure 9

How does this compare to the CamJam? I’ve been using that with a 7/64 Amsteel daisy chain and am happy with it, but always looking to improve. Based on the picture it looks flatter, which is one of the few things I don’t like about the CamJam.

D5E9A8A0-C3CF-4CE8-9270-FA13716BBBBE.jpeg

How does this compare to the CamJam? I’ve been using that with a 7/64 Amsteel daisy chain and am happy with it, but always looking to improve. Based on the picture it looks flatter, which is one of the few things I don’t like about the CamJam.

View attachment 23664
I’ve never used one of those. Do you have trouble breaking it free if it’s get tight after weight has been on it?

You mean u don’t want to buy a SYS hauler from Tethrd? How dare you?!?!

Haha just kidding Both excellent choices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean u don’t want to buy a SYS hauler from Tethrd? How dare you?!?!

Haha just kidding Both excellent choices

Hanging gear from a Tethrd SYS hauler seems like an odd thing to try. I would think that using one of their HYS straps would be more appropriate for said task.

Hanging gear from a Tethrd SYS hauler seems like an odd thing to try. I would think that using one of their HYS straps would be more appropriate for said task.

It was supposed to sound outlandish
Sorry

It was supposed to sound outlandish
Sorry

Yeah I bet lol....all in fun brother!! To be serious I fight finding a way to hang gear that satisfies me. Will the figure 9 accept and hold 7/64 Amsteel? I might try one. I’ve tried all sorts of stuff and it’s either to bulky or not sturdy enough. First world problems I know.

Yeah I bet lol....all in fun brother!! To be serious I fight finding a way to hang gear that satisfies me. Will the figure 9 accept and hold 7/64 Amsteel? I might try one. I’ve tried all sorts of stuff and it’s either to bulky or not sturdy enough. First world problems I know.

Haven’t tried one with amsteel
Para cord has been great if u buy real para cord and not the Walmart off brand lol
Maybe we should try it and patent it before anyone else tries to patent it

View attachment 23664
im not a fan of the camjam because you either have to thread the line through the small opening or else clip the other end onto a loop. Either approach can be tough in the dark or cold.

With the figure 9, you just need to pull the cord tight and do a really simple wrap around the end.

im not a fan of the camjam because you either have to thread the line through the small opening or else clip the other end onto a loop. Either approach can be tough in the dark or cold.

With the figure 9, you just need to pull the cord tight and do a really simple wrap around the end.
Good point I’ve had it slip out of the teeth a few times. I just bought a large and small figure 9, will test out but sounds like it’ll be an improvement over the CamJam. Thanks

Will the figure 9 accept and hold 7/64 Amsteel?

What are you trying to hang? The device itself only has a 150 lb limit... I used basic farm store rope. Cheap and light, The fig 9 will clip onto a pack or whatever so you dont lose it. Enough weight to swing it around the tree.

plus- 1 hook built right in with the biner clip before you even add s biners

Could double as your bow pull up rope o

What are you trying to hang? The device itself only has a 150 lb limit... I used basic farm store rope. Cheap and light, The fig 9 will clip onto a pack or whatever so you dont lose it. Enough weight to swing it around the tree.

I use a lengthy peice of 7/64 amstell as my pull down rope of my rappel line. I'm all about a piece of gear pulling multiple duty. That's why I was curious. If it will hold the 7/64 I won't need a seperate piece of material to use as a gear hanger. Less is more. I'm going to order a couple and just try it, they look hand for other stuff if it doesn't work out for me as intended.

Tested out the figure 9 with 7/64 Amsteel daisy chain, I like it better than the CamJam. I girth hitched it through the loop (#1), wrapped it around the tree then through the shorter hook (#2), pulled tight then wrapped around the longer hook and then through the teeth (#3). To test it I hung my backpack with a 10 lb weight in it, sagged a little but held fast. I’ll test it out on my hunt tomorrow morning.

The Amsteel is overkill for this application, but I had a few leftover and I like all the loops in the daisy chain for positioning my gear hangers.

F7E159EE-D0F0-4ED2-8B65-F017864A4C41.jpeg1F8AB7F5-3462-4765-9CBC-6D9058AE65DB.jpeg

I’ve wanted to make one from paracord. I used the Tethrd one last year and I find it too bulky for my liking.

i like the dual purpose application for the am-steel. I hunted with the hanger this weekend. One thing I noted is that the Fig 9 biner end has a taper to it. This allowed my fishermans knot loop to loosen in my pack, slid towards the clip end. A set of V-Bands on each side keeps it in place.

i think paracord will sag with weight on it, but havent tested it yet.

I think standard farm rope is fine for the hanger, but overkill and bulky a pull up rope. Stand by for my Extra large s biner bow hook.

Back