• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Acorn crop 2019

Bwhana

SH Member
After two years without acorns, our oaks are loaded and ready to explode. While it does open additional hunting areas, it is a curse by allowing many more movement patterns and uping the odds in a buck's favor. How is it looking in your part of the country?

I’m shocked but all my oaks are empty!!!! Persimmon trees are loaded but no acorns!

Similar in the Northeast. The oaks in my yard are already dropping. The difference between this year and last is wild.

Red oaks are LOADED but whites are completely bare. Just like you stated, it opens up a lot of country early season but makes deer harder to pin down. Seems to spread them out here in NH

I'll get to check my place in western NC this weekend. Unfortunately I won't be hunting early season so it doesn't matter much. I shot a doe off white oak acorns opening week of archery last year, the trees weren't loaded but we did have some.

I've noticed acorns on the sawtooth oaks so far here in Arkansas. Haven't seen them on the whites or reds yet, but it won't be long.

Went out to check cameras today and all oaks I checked did not have any.

Chestnuts have been dropping for a week or two in my neck. White oaks are trickling to the ground now, but I’m hoping they make Mach 5 to the forest floor in 2 weeks

My white oaks at my house are pretty full here in north GA. Unfortunately the property owner clear cut a large portion of my hunting property that had oaks. We have several more food plots going in to supplement the acorn loss.

Paddled by some swamp white oaks fishing/scouting, sawing logs last week, they were full of acorns.

I've seen a few white and red oaks with acorns around where I hunt definitely not a bumper year. this might work out for the better all you need is one tree dropping acorns in a area it will attract deer from over a wide area really good for early season bow hunting all it takes is some leg work to find the spots.

They have dropped some here already!! Not a good thing to have this many dropping already. Good for the deer bad me for me trying to pinpoint them to a location based on food source.

Looking fair on our reds, though the beech are dropping tons!!!!! We live in a beech woods my car and drive are literally covered up in them. I was talking to someone while out and they unconsciously started picking them out of my wipers..lol
Usually my chestnuts off set a good acorn/ beech drop but this is the first year they are at half capacity...

I noticed the beech trees were loaded here the other day as well, muscadines falling now and a few green acorns blown down by the wind. It will be raining white oaks around the first week of October here.

Back