• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

adding double zipper to bibs

raisins

SH Member
I paid a seamstress 15 bucks to do this last year (pretty cheap), but had to drive 30 minutes one way, wait 2 weeks, and she pinned the number through my waterproof membrane bibs with a safety pin (my fault for not telling her not to do that).

Getting into saddle hunting, I decided I needed extra bibs. IMO, Midwayusa store brand is the best bang for the buck for clothing.

So, I got 2 pairs of these:

But they only have a 1 way zipper in front, like my bibs from last year. A 2 way zipper is good for the obvious reasons, but also you can put the loose tether of a rock climbing harness through the bottom zipper (so you can put bibs on in the tree over a RCH but under a fleece saddle). When I treestand hunted with a RCH, that's how I wore bibs on stand (tether through the hole like an umbilical cord....so you can take them on and off, I used an extra nylon runner so that I was clipped in the whole time during the operation).

I found these made to repair zippers by opening like a clam shell via a thumb screw.

Just create a hole in the bottom part of the zipper (I removed the bottom staple, opened the zipper, and then used thread loops in place of the bottom staple), unscrew this thing, put it in place, and screw it down tight and here ya go.

IMG_0720.jpg

Last edited:
I paid a seamstress 15 bucks to do this last year (pretty cheap), but had to drive 30 minutes one way, wait 2 weeks, and she pinned the number through my waterproof membrane bibs with a safety pin (my fault for not telling her not to do that).

Getting into saddle hunting, I decided I needed extra bibs. IMO, Midwayusa store brand is the best bang for the buck for clothing.

So, I got 2 pairs of these:

But they only have a 1 way zipper in front, like my bibs from last year. A 2 way zipper is good for the obvious reasons, but also you can put the loose tether of a rock climbing harness through the bottom zipper (so you can put bibs on in the tree over a RCH but under a fleece saddle). When I treestand hunted with a RCH, that's how I wore bibs on stand (tether through the hole like an umbilical cord....so you can take them on and off, I used an extra nylon runner so that I was clipped in the whole time during the operation).

I found these made to repair zippers by opening like a clam shell via a thumb screw.

Just create a hole in the bottom part of the zipper (I removed the bottom staple, opened the zipper, and then used thread loops in place of the bottom staple), unscrew this thing, put it in place, and screw it down tight and here ya go.

View attachment 35311
these were on sale tonight for $76 including shipping, so I’ll start with this, leave some money in my pocket.

these were on sale tonight for $76 including shipping, so I’ll start with this, leave some money in my pocket.

all of midwayusa's clothes are good and go on great sales

i like that bib you bought so much i have several pair so i always have one set clean and ready to go

I find myself looking at these often. Are they really windproof as advertised? How's the fit? Super cool zipper mod btw.

Never really noticed one way or the other. They are pretty warm and good for layering. I can't remember feeling the wind through them, but I didn't notice that description before (wasn't a selling point for me then) so I wasn't paying attention. I don't like to walk in with fully windproof layers because they make me sweat too much. I pack in a windproof layer and put it on under my outer jacket once in the stand.

They are great for the price. I think I have 3 pairs now and in November or after, they are what I wear most days, unless crazy cold or raining.

Back