• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Adding quick release buckle to Trophyline Ambush Lite

Mt Archer

I would like to replace the waist belt buckle on my ambush lite with a quick release buckle. Has anybody else done that and do you have any suggestions?

Myself and a few others have in the past. Use the search function. There’s a couple threads about it on here.

I put a 2 inch cobra buckle on my ambush. I think the lite has the same buckle setup. Make sure you get the one that the strap can adjust from both sides, not the one that has to have the strap sewn on one side.

Wish I had done mine at the beginning of the season. Was my first year in the saddle, learned alot fast. The cobras should be oem on saddles.

Took mine off the waist belt strap on an old military backpack that didn’t need a waist belt. Works great, really anything that isn’t that clanky stock buckle will suffice.

Did my Ambush saddle with the cobra buckle it worked out great. Like @Kyhunter1 said get the pair that are both adjustable and also these plastic clips will help lock the strap in place. Don’t cut the straps, remove the stitching.

Attachments

• 21A2D07F-E6BC-42D6-A95D-900136A0E905.jpeg
    21A2D07F-E6BC-42D6-A95D-900136A0E905.jpeg
    289 KB · Views: 15
I put plastic buckles like you find on most waist belts that adjust from each buckle. I just find them easier to use and also quieter.

Back