• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Adding tubular webbing as bridge

I prefer the ring water knot. I wouldn’t recommend a regular ole overhand knot. Some will recommend an overhand on a bight, but I would not.

Like these but metal? Do I need to sew the ends?
I'm not sure what they are...plastic?
DanO (Eastern Woods Outdoors, aka doublesteps.com) sells the slides you want.
And no, you don't have to sew the ends.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Like these but metal? Do I need to sew the ends?
No Sew. A water knot is the same thing as an overhand on a bite. except it can go through a ring.

What knot would one use to do this?
Water knot (ring bend), overhand on a bight both work very well with webbing and are easily tied! I use a overhand on a bight for my knots on my bridge/tether hybrid. Only instead of tieing it to my bridge loops, I tied them to carabiners for removal when moving. Always remember to inspect you life support gear EVERY time you go to use it. Your are the only one that can guarantee your safety!

Water knot (ring bend), overhand on a bight both work very well with webbing and are easily tied! I use a overhand on a bight for my knots on my bridge/tether hybrid. Only instead of tieing it to my bridge loops, I tied them to carabiners for removal when moving. Always remember to inspect you life support gear EVERY time you go to use it. Your are the only one that can guarantee your safety!

Curious about why you wouldn't recommend and overhand on a bight?

That is not what I said. I said, "I wouldn't recommend an ole overhand knot. Some would recommend an overhand on a bight."

I agree, inspect your knots frequently.

The Op's question was "what knot would one use?" and I listed two types one would/could use (water knot(ring bend) and overhand on a bight). I also included my opinion. I feel the water knot is safer so that is what I recommended.

Edited to remove arguments...

Last edited:
I did this before I switched to a 24" climbing sling. I used a water knot and stiched the tag ends with a Speedy Stitcher.
1580318306564.png

Water knot, at least 2" of tail. Correct way in with barrel backup as well...

Do you typically tie the barrel backup knot to the tag end only or do you include the mainline in the wraps as well. Additionally, how does webbing do with this barrel backup knot?

Do you typically tie the barrel backup knot to the tag end only or do you include the mainline in the wraps as well. Additionally, how does webbing do with this barrel backup knot?
Barrel knot made with the tag end wrapped around the section coming out of the knot. The barrel is fine in webbing and used in climbing all the time.

I use the triglides from @DanO and they work like a charm.
Could you please explain and possibly show pictures of how to use the tri glides with the webbing. I'm pretty certain that this is what I want to do for my bridge, but can't visualize how to set it up. (This allows you to have an adjustable length bridge, correct?)

@mermatt83 this is how I use them and attach each end to my bridge loops. I had it as adjustable until I figured out my ideal bridge length (about 24”) then trimmed the material as such.

Attachments

• 80B193E9-7D0B-4EF8-8744-9DE34BA11D20.jpeg
    80B193E9-7D0B-4EF8-8744-9DE34BA11D20.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 160
Same as I do but the tag ends work out on underside of buckles. Not as easy to adjust but they aren't on topside to potentially flip over and get in the way of bowstring. Ends are folded and stitched.

Back