• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Adjustable webbing bridge? How adjustable?

parsnip

Hi all!

I’m considering an adjustable webbing bridge. I SRT and DRT and like a short bridge on ascent and a long bridge once I’m at height. I’m interested in a bridge that can easily make the transition. I use my climbing rope as my tether a lot and would like to just get to height and lengthen the bridge without changing gear around. I’m Not in love w my Amsteel and was looking at tubular webbing and the tri glides sold by @DanO. I can’t tell how adjustable they are up in the tree though. How easy are they to adjust, compared to say, a jammed up prusik after climbing on it? Are they more for being able to get the length you like once then leaving them, or are you able to tighten and loosen at will and with ease?

Thanks all!

Do you use a platform? You will need to have the ability to take your weight off of the bridge to adjust. If so, I don’t see a problem adjusting one of DanOs triglides at height. ROS would be a challenge.

I tend to use a platform, but sometimes use a ROS, or hybrid if I have a well place branch. I can generally get the weight off a bit, but I find adjusting a prussic or klemheist on amsteel a pia. Sometimes I just bite the bullet, put on a linemans, and take the weight of that way, but hoping to avoid it if I can.

Hi all!

I’m considering an adjustable webbing bridge. I SRT and DRT and like a short bridge on ascent and a long bridge once I’m at height. I’m interested in a bridge that can easily make the transition. I use my climbing rope as my tether a lot and would like to just get to height and lengthen the bridge without changing gear around. I’m Not in love w my Amsteel and was looking at tubular webbing and the tri glides sold by @DanO. I can’t tell how adjustable they are up in the tree though. How easy are they to adjust, compared to say, a jammed up prusik after climbing on it? Are they more for being able to get the length you like once then leaving them, or are you able to tighten and loosen at will and with ease?

Thanks all!
I use the setup your talking about, it will adjust easy enough although it does not seem like a good idea to relieve the slider while 20 feet in a tree and i run my trail end back through the slider just for a little more assurance.

I had the tri glides on my sit drag set up and they were a pain to get loose once I had them woven through. Maybe I was weaving them wrong? Here's the closest video I could find showing how I threaded it. Imagine the ring as my bridge loops on the Sitdrag. I didn't need to thread the tag end back through one last time though, it would hold without. It was still a pain to loosen and adjust if needed.

Ok. I'm trying to gauge if it would be easier or harder than the prussic on amsteel... anyone compare the two?

Harder...Either choice you would have to put slack in the bridge to adjust. You might want to try a different knot with a tender to make it easier but slack in the bridge will still be needed.

Got it. Any tips on an easier sliding Prussic material than the burried loop that comes w the amsteel bridge from Cruzr?

Got it. Any tips on an easier sliding Prussic material than the burried loop that comes w the amsteel bridge from Cruzr?

Amsteel prusik with oplux bridge works good for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

got it. I've got an amsteel bridge. I was thinking of a prussic loop made of something different than the amsteel loop that came w/ it (which, with my weight, becomes really hard to move). Maybe something a little thicker (7mm or 8mm) loop?

Definitely harder than Amsteel and prussic.
My experience with the Amsteel prussic on oplux I had to completely take my weight off using my lineman’s belt to be able to adjust it at all. Painfully horrible to adjust. The webbing with triglides isnt hard to adjust simply lean forward and pull in or let out. I liked pretty well. The easiest to adjust would be a michacoan on the bridge, but I found I don’t want it too easy to adjust because I wouldn’t want to rotate in the saddle and Have the tether carabiner hit the friction hitch and accidentally let out the bridge.

That said I like the beal cordage Prussic on oplux or ultra tech for a bridge that is adjustable but won’t let out if your caribiner pushes up against it.

My experience with the Amsteel prussic on oplux I had to completely take my weight off using my lineman’s belt to be able to adjust it at all. Painfully horrible to adjust. The webbing with triglides isnt hard to adjust simply lean forward and pull in or let out. I liked pretty well. The easiest to adjust would be a michacoan on the bridge, but I found I don’t want it too easy to adjust because I wouldn’t want to rotate in the saddle and Have the tether carabiner hit the friction hitch and accidentally let out the bridge.

That said I like the beal cordage Prussic on oplux or ultra tech for a bridge that is adjustable but won’t let out if your caribiner pushes up against it.

That’s interesting. My amsteel prusik on oplux is much easier to adjust than amsteel on amsteel.

I tried the webbing bridge with triglides, but didn't feel comfortable adjusting it in the tree. Like others have said - it wasn't easy. I changed to an oplux bridge. I use a figure eight loop half-hitched to the bridge loop on one side and a friction knot (TRC in a distel hitch, and prussic tender) on the other bridge loop to make the bridge adjustable.

Last edited:
I think I’m gonna go this route. Seems compact, safe, and like it won’t be a pia to make the changes I need to make in the tree. I tried a version of it using my oplux tether for the bridge and it felt pretty good. Slid easier than amsteel.

That’s interesting. My amsteel prusik on oplux is much easier to adjust than amsteel on amsteel.

Amsteel on asmteel (hardest) -> Amsteel on oplux (still hard, but not as hard) -> Beal on Oplux (easier)

If we are talking prussics this has been my experience

I have a Aerohunter Merlin and it comes with an adjustable tubular webbing bridge. I find it easy to adjust but as stated you have to take your weight off of it while adjusting.

I have a Flex with an adjustable webbing bridge and like it. I experimented with a short tubular webbing bridge as a second bridge to climb SRT. It worked fine but I found it redundant and really not needed. I do use an old Treesuit platform and hook into a tether when I’m set. The adjustable bridge works fine in my setup.

Back