• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Aero Flex Review

cdg097

Okay guys, I wanted to give you my review of the Flex, and for those of you living under a rock, that is the new offering from Aero Hunter. I’m not adding any pics because we all know what the Flex looks like.

I have had hands on, and been in, numerous older models from Aero in the past as well.

Initial thoughts:
-I did not care for the liner on the inside of the saddle. It reminds me of the inside of a gym bag that over time will tear and flake off (speaking of the gym bag, I have no clue how the liner will hold up).
-Weight, it is substantially heavier than my Mantis. Obviously one is mesh and one is, well, not mesh.
-Seat area appears quite a bit larger than my Mantis.

In the tree thoughts:
-Leaning, I felt no noticeable difference between Flex and Mantis (tried them one after the other to see).
-Sitting, there was a slight comfort difference with the nod going to the Flex, based on the larger seat, and the cupping it affords.
-Strong side shot, equal between the two.
-Weak side shot (I shoot left handed), I cannot for the life of me figure out what was causing this, but it wasn’t the particular Flex I had. It happened in two different Flex, and was the same whether I had the leg strap snug to my leg or loose. When I went to my weak side, the leg strap dug in one of the boys, to the point where I was worried it ripped my bag and I lost it. I wish I was joking, but unfortunately I’m not.

Final thoughts:
-I am not personally a fan of the Flex. Of Aero’s offerings I feel that the Kestrel is a superior saddle, both from a comfort and a quality standpoint. The slight nod of comfort while sitting in the Flex over the Mantis is not enough to sway me toward it, nor would comfort sitting in ANY brand saddle, because I am a leaner 95-98% of the time anyway. Add to it that I’m fond of the boys (my balls) and I can’t find myself using it. That being said, I’m sure a lot of people will find it very nice and will enjoy many hours in the woods in one. Good luck and stay safe boys and girls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
When you sit in the flex how much more cupping does it to compared to the kestrel?

I want a flex but dont want to shell out the extra cash of it's not a significant upgrade

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Back