• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Aero Kite Comfort issue

Jmarzey

Alright so I am looking for some insight on this before I jump ship. I have a size 2 kite that I got this summer. I played around with it in the yard all summer and thought that I loved it.

Well I am now 7 hunts deep in, and I am not loving it so much. I feel like the mesh in the seat of the saddle is far too deep and flimsy. No matter the position I am in, my butt goes too deep into the mesh and puts all the pressure on the top and bottom straps, cutting off all my circulation. I have moved it up and down, and that didn't work. I have adjusted the position of my bridge inside the loops, and that does help a little as far as alleviating pressure. The main thing is my butt is not supporting any of the weight, its all in the straps. I know there is no way I will be able to sit for 12 hours come November in this thing.

Would y'all see anything wrong with adding some 2" webbing across the seat, to give me some more surface area that supports my weight? Or should I just sell this one and get something that is going to be a better fit?

If you think you want to sell it at some point at all, i would be hesitant to do any kind of mod to it. If you do add webbing and it still doesn’t work well for you, you might be stuck with it at that point. Or if you do get a buyer, you might not get the $$ out of it that you could have unaltered. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitter? Leaner? Platform? ROS? Tether height? Bridge length?

pictures of how you’re setup is the best bet.

could be an easy fix. could be a saddle that just doesn’t fit you. Or could be you being a weenie!

haha try to get a picture of how you normally set up. We can go from there

Haha alright i will. I mix it up as far as sitting and leaning. I’m on a predator platform.

I’m really thinking it doesn’t fit me correctly

Alright so I am looking for some insight on this before I jump ship. I have a size 2 kite that I got this summer. I played around with it in the yard all summer and thought that I loved it.

Well I am now 7 hunts deep in, and I am not loving it so much. I feel like the mesh in the seat of the saddle is far too deep and flimsy. No matter the position I am in, my butt goes too deep into the mesh and puts all the pressure on the top and bottom straps, cutting off all my circulation. I have moved it up and down, and that didn't work. I have adjusted the position of my bridge inside the loops, and that does help a little as far as alleviating pressure. The main thing is my butt is not supporting any of the weight, its all in the straps. I know there is no way I will be able to sit for 12 hours come November in this thing.

Would y'all see anything wrong with adding some 2" webbing across the seat, to give me some more surface area that supports my weight? Or should I just sell this one and get something that is going to be a better fit?
I like my kite, but that issue of the straps digging in after a while is something I talk about in this video:

Any conventional saddle with fabric between the loop made by the 2" webbing will stretch eventually and put pressure on the webbing, which doesn't stretch. For me, I can sit through a normal hunt with no issues and be quite comfortable. But on all day hunts it's an issue like you describe.

I like my kite, but that issue of the straps digging in after a while is something I talk about in this video:

Any conventional saddle with fabric between the loop made by the 2" webbing will stretch eventually and put pressure on the webbing, which doesn't stretch. For me, I can sit through a normal hunt with no issues and be quite comfortable. But on all day hunts it's an issue like you describe.
I was just going to suggest this.

Adding webbing front to back will help, but not side to side with that chassis, but there are many variables that can keep the benefit down, so yes and no...

One vertical strip of seat belt webbing on each side should provide a lot more support. How are you sewing it?

I have never had a kite. But my Cruzr XC size three is comfortable even though it has only two outside webbing straps and nothing else. I tried a recon and a latitude. Both were good but not as good as the Cruzr XC.
Maybe it is too small not too big. The main thing about the Cruzr XC is it is huge like a hammock.
Just a different view point

Or maybe our butts are all have subjectively different feelings towards saddles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I did watch that a while back. I’m seriously considering taking a stab at sewing one up like [mention]always89y [/mention] did on his latest build. I’m no slouch on the machine so I’m thinking i could follow the build along to the T and get we done

Almost sounds like the size 2 is too big and swallowing you up. What are your physical stats?

Thought about that as well. I’m 6’3 250. Didn’t think a size one would do it so i went with the 2. But you could definitely be right.

One vertical strip of seat belt webbing on each side should provide a lot more support. How are you sewing it?

The more i think about it the more I’m leaning towards making one from scratch. That way i can sell the kite if i decide to

Great video. You might have sold a recon sling. Still not sure if I like the plates or a Dring, though I am not interested in an ESS. So either a recon with the plates or a Wraptor!

Alright [mention]Nutterbuster [/mention] talked me into it, and I don’t want to take on a new project with this cold front coming through here next week......

Somebody trade me a recon for a kite lol

Back