• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Aider build

dalton916

SH Member
Pretty standard 2 step aider made with tubular webbing and static line to hold the stirrup open. The top step is just over 6’ in this pic, but I can easily stretch that to 7’.....

cc2aa2c04b8429fb33100fc64432b08f.jpg

I was quick to discover that after seating your foot in the stirrup if you put your toes into the tree it will hold the second stirrup away from the tree thereby making it much easier to get your foot in without much fuss.

Basically, I’ve turned 4 sticks into 5 with this as I don’t see me using it after the first stick. I may add a single to the second stick, but that will have to become second nature before I add one to the third stick.

I would make you one, but I could never convince myself that steps really need to be that close to each other.

Back