• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Amsteel whoopie for bridge?

soaringeagle

I am planning to use a modified sit drag and RCH this year. I am going to try to use a 1/4" amsteel whoopie for a bridge just to have a little adjustability until I figire out the perfect length for me.

Anyone see any reason this wont work or shouldnt be used?

I did the same last year, my first year.
Bridge length doesn’t affect my comfort as much as I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am planning to use a modified sit drag and RCH this year. I am going to try to use a 1/4" amsteel whoopie for a bridge just to have a little adjustability until I figire out the perfect length for me.

That's what I ran last year on my Kestrel. But I now realize that I like a webbing bridge better.

I am using a whoopie for my bridge and love it with no problems.

I have 2 sit drags sewn together with 2 I think 1/8" amsteel Whoopi slings. My favorite saddle without leg straps. This way I can adjust how much tension is on my legs. Plus you have redundant bridges in case one fails.
Got the idea from @Adrena123.
Don't have a good picture of it but you can see the Whoopies on here if you blow it up.
1/8" amsteel tensile strength 2500#.
549d45836896a6df6bb6800ba54c6f82.jpg

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

I just received my Mantis and the first thing I did was make a whoopie sling for the bridge so I can adjust it and see which length I like best and make a static one or possibly discover that I actually like an adjustable bridge and keep the whoopie. I made the whoopie out of 3/16 Dyneema and put a locked brummel on each end and fed one end through the saddle strap before making the whoopie part ... both brummels are on a single caribiner to keep the slack end organized.

I just received my Mantis and the first thing I did was make a whoopie sling for the bridge so I can adjust it and see which length I like best and make a static one or possibly discover that I actually like an adjustable bridge and keep the whoopie. I made the whoopie out of 3/16 Dyneema and put a locked brummel on each end and fed one end through the saddle strap before making the whoopie part ... both brummels are on a single caribiner to keep the slack end organized.
I need a pic please

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Why would you need a locked brummel on both ends when you are making a whoopee? The 1st end does need a brummel for attaching to the bridge loop, but the other end just goes thru the other bridge loop and then is routed to form the whoopie. After the whoopie is formed, then you do a simple end bury which does 2 things...it keeps the end of the Amsteel from fraying, and it also prevents the whoopie from ever slipping thru the bury when under weight.

Don't need one on both ends....just did it to keep that end from hanging down when the bridge is short.

A person could do away with the caribiner if the did a single locked brummel around the saddle loop then loop the other end through the other side before making the whoopie.

Ill post a pic of what I have ....

Back