• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Amsteel Work Horse from EWO

tcmetrohunter

Anyone on here give this a shot with a predator platform yet? I figure it would work the same way as redbeard shows with the scout but wanted to ask before ordering one for next season. I'm also wondering if it comes with the carabiner cam jam looking thing?

Also interested; planning to go this route with a Preset Solo, once I replaced the stock strap with an EWO strap/OCB...

What about @DanO ? I'm having a hard time telling what comes with the workhorse from the pictures. Also is that one picture of a black one the production one?

I ordered one today direct from the amsteel guy. Also purchased a 1/8" amsteel full bury rope mod to try out on my mini helium stick I'm installing a cam cleat on. He confirmed the workhorse does not come with the cam jam. Lucky for me I bought one and its still in the package on the work bench since I bought a HYS strap after ordering it.

My plan is to try it on my helium and my predator platform. If it is something I really like I might get a scout platform for the helium or buy a solo scout to climb like the legendary redbeard. All the time in the world for me to decide since my hunting season is officially over 1/1/21.

Back