• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

And I thought $625 for a stand was a bit much

DMTJAGER

This came in my Midway USA Email sales add:

I'd never begrudge any person the right to spend their money as they see fit but I feel rather confident $4k for a Xbow is a bit on the extreme.
$4k is getting into not quite full on custom made hunting rifle with a set of custom dies territory that can easily if the owner posses the skill reach out to 1k yards and well beyond.
Oh well I'd much rather deal with the rules and shortfalls of capitalism than any other system.

I could kill a deer just as dead with a <$500 crossbow and still have $3500 leftover. The sight is like $1400 by itself. But some people have a lot more cash flow than others. Too rich for my blood.

Think about it like this:
$4k you're past half way of funding a fully guided elk rifle hunt in a pretty good unit in more than a few states out west.
I guess it all comes down to what you feel is worth your money.

Think about it like this:
$4k you're past half way of funding a fully guided elk rifle hunt in a pretty good unit in more than a few states out west.
I guess it all comes down to what you feel is worth your money.

An elk hunt is more with it to me ha.

Back