• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anderson sling mod

UMICH1

Just got an Anderson sling on a trade. Looks to be in great shape. This is my first sling. Wanted to just try before I jumped in and spent the money on a Kestrel lol. I know they are apples and oranges but just want to see how I like dangling from a tree. Anyways, I thought there was a thread where someone modified it with d loops and a bridge. Can't find it. Thanks

Search John Eberhart or ultra light saddle and I think you'll pull up some photos of Johns sling. It's basically the same thing we are all using with the exception of the tree tether. I go around the tree with a rope and use the ropeman1 to adjust my height. I have used the T screws that John uses and they work great. However our trees are smaller than the ones he hunts so I can get away with a rope set up. I'll try to post some pics of my set up later. Reach out to John, he's a great guy and a phenomenal resource.

If you get rid of the bridge/tether it came with you can hook a bridge onto it with a couple carabiners.

the Wraptor is a diy version based off the Anderson. Some are using a “battle belt” to offload all the typical stuff to hang on.

Here is my modified Anderson sling. All I am using from the original is the sling and metal rings. I Incorporated the utilibridge which will serve as both a belt and bridge, and continuous loops to serve as linesman loops. Insanely light, packable, and easy to use....did I mention comfortable?

Screenshot_20200206-192446_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200206-192452_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200206-191204_Gallery.jpg

For a complete DIY, the link to the sling is

You can also buy a used Anderson sling (if you can find one), or buy a treehopper reacon sling. It comes with molle loops and linesman loops but I didn't care for them due to the stiffness it created.

Below is the link for the Utilibridge.

For the continuous linesman loops, I did a lock brummel around the metal loop to keep it in place, and then did another lock brummel to complete the loop.

Not if @Vtbow and @Allegheny Tom have anything to say about it!
Add my name to that list. The only reason I sold my anderson was I couldn't be bothered to add linemans loops and make my tether/bridge combo work with it. Need to grab one of the treehopper slings at some point.

I am going to do a comparison to my modded Anderson and the treehopper sling. Obviously the main components are one in the same, but I am interested to see if I will end up liking the molle loops and linesman loops or not. They add quite a bit of stiffness to the sling that hinders its packability to a certain extent. We shall see!

Sometimes things just work! I sold my modded anderson and yried probably 3 other saddles, then the recon cam out and it is pretty much perfect for me!
Me too.
I never did actually buy an Anderson but I was shopping for one. I mentioned the Anderson to Mark (during a phone call about the drill) and he ran with it. Fast forward to now and we have the Recon.
Haha, seems like all I have to do is mention a product to Mark and he decides to make it! I love it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Mark has gone above and beyond with communication. And i think the above post is correct. You have to remove ALL the original finish from the side that contacts the tree. Even in the channels of the "teeth" im almost there.

Back