• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Annihilator broadhead any shooters?

I think this year we will see more results from users. I haven't seen much but testers try it out and what they post on their IG.

It is real small diameter. Take look at your regulations first before buying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is real small diameter. Take look at your regulations first before buying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They have an XL version at 1 1/16 in. From my understanding some states have a greater than 1in rule.

I think the main benefit is field tip accuracy. A second benefit would be reduced deflection by stuff like tall grasses, over other broadhead designs more likely to snag.

Collectively, feedback seems to be running the same course as most broadheads, anecdotal tales of both successes and failures that contradict one another. At least that's what I've seen.

These heads aren't always blowing through deer like they do car hoods, nor do they always leave river sized blood trails from gaping holes like advertised. One of my brothers tried them, that's what we've experienced.

I used the 100's last season. 2 deer I shot died within 50-60 yds. They fly great and are quiet. Blood trail is minimal for the first 30-40 yds but for a small head it opens up quickly after that. They are also super easy to sharpen on a stone. Think I will be using them for a long time

I've been shooting G5 montec the last 10 years. I switched to the aniholators for this year, just started tuning them last night so far im pretty impressed with them

I've been shooting G5 montec the last 10 years. I switched to the aniholators for this year, just started tuning them last night so far im pretty impressed with them
Are you having any issues with your arrow flight? I have only shot with one once and it kicked my arrow out pretty bad. I have nick tuned my arrow and tuned my bow. Was hoping for a better outcome.

Are you having any issues with your arrow flight? I have only shot with one once and it kicked my arrow out pretty bad. I have nick tuned my arrow and tuned my bow. Was hoping for a better outcome.

I am having some troubles at 60yds getting them to fly as well as I would like but I'm more leaning towards individual arrows though

Mine were so dull they wouldnt cut butter!!!
Good thing they’re super easy to sharpen. Also, good on you testing their “out-of-the-box” sharpness for yourself.

Over on ArcheryTalk there was a shop owner who sells IW having some issues with their sharpness. Not all the heads were as sharp as others it seems.

Just picked a set of the 100 grain up, for $25. Hard to pass up a deal like that. Looking forward to trying them out. Seems like a great head for a guy that wants a head that flies well, durable and easy to sharpen. Being a 60 degree bevel you wont get the hair splitting sharpness but anyone can sharpen them with a flat stone. You can also buy a stay sharp 344 and can switch the bevel to a 44 degree and get them sharper.

Anyone have experience with this broad head? 100 grain.
I bought some at GAOS back when they first came out. Junk gimmick in every way. They pop a small hole and never got "good" bloodtrails. Some weren't terrible but definitely wasnt easy tracks. I gave them an honest chance.
The worst thing about em though....LOUD. So loud. they shoot good but i can actually hear it cutting the air on the way to the target. I sold em all. They are tough but i still ruined a couple. and like others have said, easy to sharpen but youll never get them really sharp.

I bought some at GAOS back when they first came out. Junk gimmick in every way. They pop a small hole and never got "good" bloodtrails. Some weren't terrible but definitely wasnt easy tracks. I gave them an honest chance.
The worst thing about em though....LOUD. So loud. they shoot good but i can actually hear it cutting the air on the way to the target. I sold em all. They are tough but i still ruined a couple. and like others have said, easy to sharpen but youll never get them really sharp.
I have to disagree with about bloodtrails and them not getting sharp. First, blood trails are unpredictable, regardless of broadhead. 68B4D25F-7DC0-4A90-995E-5FDA954AA48C.jpegABEEBDCC-CBFA-44DF-88F3-518CE8124E6D.jpeg

I got my Annihilators shaving sharp w/mirror finish and it didn’t take long. All on flat grinding methods, no 344 sharpeners. These heads are definitely not gimmicks.

I have to disagree with about bloodtrails and them not getting sharp. First, blood trails are unpredictable, regardless of broadhead. View attachment 72379View attachment 72380

I got my Annihilators shaving sharp w/mirror finish and it didn’t take long. All on flat grinding methods, no 344 sharpeners. These heads are definitely not gimmicks.
I stand corrected. The set I picked up were used for target practice and came to me pretty dull. I got them to slice through paper easy and called it good. I'll give it another go, see if I cant get them to that point.

Back