• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Another North Carolina mountain man

Lowg08

Just joined recently. Very active on archerytalk and rokslide. Just now decided to move into saddle hunting for deep woods back pack hunting for deer and bear. I only hunt public land. I’m hoping the saddle configuration will help me to continue to weight but hung from an elevated position. I will be climbing with hooks and rappelling down.

Welcome from NY!

Now I have a question for you North Carolinians. Let's say someone decided to move in or around Charlotte. Do you guys have any idea how the public land hunting around the area is? One could drive towards Asheville for a trip but I am interested in morning/afternoon excursions and making it back to the office to work.

Well they really aren’t allot of options. You have pee dee wildlife refuge in anson county and crowder mountain state park in Gaston county. Those are the closest I think.

There r lots of other game land around the area just have to look second creek is minutes down the street from my house n I'm only 30mins away from charlotte

Your best best from Clt is actually just across the border in SC for close game lands, but a $500 license. If I had to move down to Clt, I would find a house in SC and drive to Clt for work. Cheaper taxes too.

Back