• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Another pack thread (filming & hunting gear)

SouthernHunter

First time poster, longtime lurker, first year saddle hunter.

I'm in need of opinions from those of you who self film and use climbing sticks. Will be packing in the
Fourth Arrow Talon Micro Triple Arm, a Sony a6400,
Hawk Helium climbing sticks x3-4, No platform, will be using ROS, plus your common deer hunting crap like calls, binos, range finder, thermacell, etc. I won't be packing in extra clothes. Maybe a sweater or something, if that, during winter months, so I don't need a HUGE amount of room. Not a pack snob, so I don't need the best and prefer to stay under the $200 price range, but I do want quality, comfort, efficiency. Prefer not to use a heavy pack as that kind of defeats the purpose of saddle hunting for me.

Ive narrowed it down to the Alps Outdoorz Pathfinder pack, but I'm not sure about their quality and if this would hold everything safely? Ive read some rave about this pack and Ive read where others say it's flimsy, unbalanced, and awkward, but I'm not sure what those guys were packing and what region they hunt.

Ive also been considering the Cabelas bow and rifle pack.

I don't need to pack meat out, though that is a plus. I hunt in the southeast and will usually only be hiking in 1-2 miles max. Being able to strap on rifle or bow is a plus, but not a must.

Anyone have experience with either of those packs or have a recommendation for me?

Thanks in advance

I have an Alps 'Something-or-Other'.
It's a pretty good size one. I think I paid 75 or 80 bucks for it 5 or 6 years ago.
I broke a shoulderstrap on it last year and had to rig it back together. Other than that it's been great.
Oh yea, I took the waist belt/lumbar thing off and rigged that to one of my LoneWolf climbers.

Screenshot_20210802-164834_Gallery.jpg

Back