• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Another way to keep your tether in place

VF_MIKE

Been meaning to post this for some time now but always forget and was just talking to a member and sent him pics so here it is.

Super simple and most probably have some rope or Amsteel laying around to do this.

I use an Amsteel continuous loop as a prussic on the rope and put my delta link through the loop once my tether is in place I cinch the prussic back and the tether is not going to move.
a6a0c34c901ee4a66e94c72472c293ff.jpg
62f0f82a422797579e74e1c34b682ae9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Problem with this is that you need to unscrew your Delta link to put this on and off. Fine for regular climbing, not good for one stick imo.
I can agree but it can be used for one sticking as well. I use it for one sticking. I loop it on when I first connect and leave it slack so the rope can move freely when you are climbing up. Once at height I cinch back.

Though you do have to loosen the Delta link to remove but you can throw a linesman's one for that moment.

Either way use as you will, just wanted to share another option.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Problem with this is that you need to unscrew your Delta link to put this on and off. Fine for regular climbing, not good for one stick imo.

So uhhhh…..how you hooking up a tether without unscrewing the link???

Me? If I was using this method I would simply leave the prusic on the tether and put it through the link when I open it to put my tether in there, but that ain’t what I use. I use this and it’s easier and does the same thing……

dea7ffd7a821fb01bf566d6b09077019.jpg

Slide that up against the link and it won’t move.

Last edited:
Not sure where the picture went but I use a castration band on the loop. Keep it rolled back (loop fully open) when setting it then roll it towards the end (loop pinched off) to keep the tether from coming loose.

I like it Mike, are you hooking your pull down line to this? I just added a loop to my tether that’ll sit behind the knot. I’ll clip my paracord to this loop for pulling it down.
I saw a photo of what looked like a chip clip used to keep a tether in place. I thought that’s as ez as it gets. I’ve been using a gear tie and quite frankly, it’s been wearing me out. I was gonna use a clothes pin so I looked for a heavy duty one. Didn’t find one, but I found a pack of metal clips Strong little clips, but I had to add some protective layers of vet tape. Can’t wait to use them.

So uhhhh…..how you hooking up a tether without unscrewing the link???

Me? If I was using this method I would simply leave the prusic on the tether and put it through the link when I open it to put my tether in there, but that ain’t what I use. I use this and it’s easier and does the same thing……

dea7ffd7a821fb01bf566d6b09077019.jpg

Slide that up against the link and it won’t move.

What’s that knot called? I just tied it on something else and can’t remember the name of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For climbing with rappel rope and a delta link, the Celtic stopper knot is the Cadillac IMHO. I like to push it thru the delta link before rappelling instead of bringing it dow with me.

dalton’s knot above may work in a similar fashion too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know what it’s called. I saw the Small Buck Assassin, @mtsrunner using it and I copied it from him.

Last edited:
I looked around on my grogg knots app and I think it’s a double overhand stopper tied onto the second line instead of itself.

Back