• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Another win for AH/NT

DelaWhere_Arrow

SH Member
Just got my OG Kestrel, and I am pleasantly surprised by what I found. To give some background, I ordered by phone and have been treated like their only customer every time I have called or emailed in reference to the order. Mainly Debbie, but also Sophia, have been tremendous. I had to “customize” the bridge to detachable webbing because Predator was out of stock twice during my wait, once on the day it was supposed to ship; as a result they outright made me a new saddle the next day, with a few unexpected upgrades:

1. They used that reflective stitching that they advertise on the Flex, which was not on my original order. It’s awesome, highly visible, and something I scoffed at as unnecessary until I see it gleaming in the dark AND in the light. It’s essential IMO now.
2. They moved the LB loops up to the bridge area, like the Flex as well. TBH the original placement of the LB loops (about 3-4” back) was a selling point for me as I thought they’d get in the way of my bridge. NOT SO. This placement is a welcome upgrade, and again, not on my original order. They stay open very well, revealing the reflective stitching, and are just far enough out of the way to clear my bridge.
3. They shipped it to me in 48 hours at no extra charge, the same day they sewed it together for me. I literally got it the same day I was supposed to get my original order on standard ground shipping, with the aforementioned upgrades done last-minute to say “thanks for waiting.”
4. Overall, I’m just outright impressed. I used the Assassin harness about 7 years ago, and the old TL once, and tried RCH/arborist setups for recreational climbing a few times. I was never sold enough on the “saddles” to buy one myself until the last 2 seasons when the Kestrel and Mantis really took to my radar. The fit and finish of this saddle is absolutely perfect for me. I need to get it dialed in a bit more in the tree, but I’m about as happy with this hunting purchase as I am with my actual bow. It’s about twice as heavy as a Mantis and about 1.5 times as bulky (just over 2 lbs with webbing bridge and maybe the size of a small cantaloupe when rolled up), but this thing looks and feels like it’ll outlast Keith Richards in the Apocalypse.
5. For anyone who is thinking an AH saddle is the way to go for them, I highly recommend ordering by phone. They can and will customize your order as much as they are able to within design specs, and will gladly swap leg buckles or bridge material, etc. at your behest (probably at an upgrade charge unless they make a mistake or run into a snafu like with me) and even if you’re happy with the stock model as I originally ordered and was excited for, their CuServ is worth the call.

Plug me some ?’s or !’s if you need to, I’ll respond as best I can. I’m probably gunna have some ?’s myself for you Kestrel vets after a hunt or two this weekend lol.

Attachments

• 38079084-3959-487C-B59A-AA0FD351B9E4.jpeg
    38079084-3959-487C-B59A-AA0FD351B9E4.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
  • EA31E8D2-A4E9-4491-9134-24838AA83EE8.jpeg
    EA31E8D2-A4E9-4491-9134-24838AA83EE8.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
  • 8BACADC3-E486-44FD-8710-C757404D07D9.jpeg
    8BACADC3-E486-44FD-8710-C757404D07D9.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
That’s awesome they did that. I like my flex but really liked the inside of my kestrel more. Still on the fence about which one I like more, really like the web bridge though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s awesome they did that. I like my flex but really liked the inside of my kestrel more. Still on the fence about which one I like more, really like the web bridge though.

I like that I can just fold my webbing bridge into a pocket and it’s smaller than my wallet

I went with the fixed one for just for less bulk. I used to step through my leg straps on my old kestrel and my arborist harness has a fixed bridge too so it’s never bothered me. It’s way nicer than having figure 8 knots and a carabiner I think. Aerohunter is great, last year when I ordered mine it got delayed due to a forest fire and they kept me posted with updates.

Back