• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Any compound finger shooters out there?

kbetts

SH Member
I still shoot a release on my z3, but I find it to be a bit slow to operate in hunting situations. Typically that bow will sit until cold weather or when I’m preferring something with a lower draw weight or more compact. I prefer a Black Widow tab and fingers on the string.

What I really enjoy is my Mathews Conquest Triumph. 40”+ of smoothness. It’s long....it’s heavy....it’s a tack driver. I’ve stripped it down to just a 5 pin sight and a NAP flipper. No stab and no bow quiver. I’m mostly shooting Blazer vanes but will fletch up some turkey and goose on some 340’s when I get a chance.

Anyone else a finger guy?

I shoot fingers on my compound. I have a reflex big horn hunter with an ezv site. I like that combo. I also shoot self bow and recurves quite often so when I pick up my compound a release just feels wrong.

I found I get a great release by you g fro. 3 fingers to just one once I am at full draw. My arrows are fletched with goose and Turkey feathers I processed and chopped.

I “loaned”a buddy my old 2006 Hoyt Protec, with instructions that when he gets a New bow, she comes back home. I loved that bow. I believe when it does come back, I’m going to get a tab and find an old bodoodle timber doodle, and see if I can shoot fingers worth a darn. If nothing else, it’ll be fun.

If anyone is around York, PA....a guy has a Reflex Caribou on CL for $100.

I “loaned”a buddy my old 2006 Hoyt Protec, with instructions that when he gets a New bow, she comes back home. I loved that bow. I believe when it does come back, I’m going to get a tab and find an old bodoodle timber doodle, and see if I can shoot fingers worth a darn. If nothing else, it’ll be fun.

I have a Star Hunter or two if anyone wants one.

Back