• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Any ideas on printable maps...preferably free?

BudgetBuck1

Been looking for a place to print topo and satellite view maps for hunting. You guys have any ideas as to where I could get them cheap or free? Any input is appreciated.

You obviously have never had to keep a plotter fed with toner and serviced.....free ain’t happening unless you find someone that will run the risk of getting fired by doing it at their work place.

You obviously have never had to keep a plotter fed with toner and serviced.....free ain’t happening unless you find someone that will run the risk of getting fired by doing it at their work place.
I was referring to 8x11 sheets of paper that can normally be found in the common household printer.....glad to hear you are familiar with my work history and experiences. I apologize for not making myself more clear in my post on what I was looking for. I am looking for something like google maps that is easy to print on sheets of paper. I am having issues trying to print from google maps. I would also be willing to pay for something too but I am looking for printing access so that I can print from my printer, on paper, not big, glossy 5 foot maps.

I never mentioned, nor made reference to, any of your work history or experiences. I did, however, obviously misunderstand what you’re asking......

You need to download what is called a “Mr Sid Viewer” then start applying your googlefoo to find free GIS data sites and then download your topo and aerials as Mr Sid images, post fix “.sid”......

Free-to-minor-cost option: You can get county GIS maps/books from the county. Give the proper office a call for the areas you want. Steve Rinella (MeatEater), the Hunting Public, and Randy Newberg talk about this on their shows all the time. @John Eberhart also mentions this in his books and DVD.

Minor-cost option: OnX Premium for your state(s). Honestly, it’s $30/year full price, and if you put in the code “THP” it’s only $24. That’s $2/mo for all the Topo and landowner borders you can handle, all printable.

I was referring to 8x11 sheets of paper that can normally be found in the common household printer.....glad to hear you are familiar with my work history and experiences. I apologize for not making myself more clear in my post on what I was looking for. I am looking for something like google maps that is easy to print on sheets of paper. I am having issues trying to print from google maps. I would also be willing to pay for something too but I am looking for printing access so that I can print from my printer, on paper, not big, glossy 5 foot maps.
try you county seat where you want to hunt they will have maps

Hey budgetbuck don’t worry bout dalton someone probably just kicked over his back-sight today and he busted a traverse by a foot....

Here in the link below is quick and pretty raw way to capture a screen image on a computer. It’ll do a save as and then you can print whatever you had on your screen from the file you saved. Not fancy by any means but should be able to get you something on paper.

For anyone that does courthouse research you’re welcome, I just saved you a pile of money in printing fees.

Free-to-minor-cost option: You can get county GIS maps/books from the county. Give the proper office a call for the areas you want. Steve Rinella (MeatEater), the Hunting Public, and Randy Newberg talk about this on their shows all the time. @John Eberhart also mentions this in his books and DVD.

Minor-cost option: OnX Premium for your state(s). Honestly, it’s $30/year full price, and if you put in the code “THP” it’s only $24. That’s $2/mo for all the Topo and landowner borders you can handle, all printable.[
Hey budgetbuck don’t worry bout dalton someone probably just kicked over his back-sight today and he busted a traverse by a foot....

Here in the link below is quick and pretty raw way to capture a screen image on a computer. It’ll do a save as and then you can print whatever you had on your screen from the file you saved. Not fancy by any means but should be able to get you something on paper.

For anyone that does courthouse research you’re welcome, I just saved you a pile of money in printing fees.

Thanks, I appreciate the input from everyone. I am going to try this today!

Ah you know how it is, sometimes ya just get grumpy, lol

The snipping tool was awesome...swampfox. Been using it all week and I had no idea that it existed before you commented. I appreciate it.

Back