• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Any reviews of this saddle. The Cruzr saddle

I’m looking and haven’t found any

Mesh flex design looks comfortable to me tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.cruzrsaddles.com/shop I don’t know much about it. Anyone have one. A mesh flex?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

077e99c74214af726a9a8ca45b37e87c.jpg

Looks like a mesh flex design

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I reached out via email yesterday to inquire about reviews or if they've whether with anyone for testing; maybe someone I can talk to. Right now they have a functional website but that's about it. I'll let you know if I hear anything back.

I reached out to them bout sending for the Carolina meet up for free advertisement, but no response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my Cruzr XC in this morning. Some first impressions as I only spent about 30 mins in the yard.

One thing I could say for sure is it is very comfortable.

Also, if you have been holding out for a WE Yarak don’t bother. I think this is better thought out design and comfortable.

A few items to note. The lineman’s loops I thought were going to be to far back and too small but not so much. They are decent. Can’t complain about them really. The bright inside color makes them easy to find. The double row of mollie loops having the lower tight for holding pouches and the top loose for carabiners and what not is awesome. the material is a bit stiffer I think than the Yarak. The pleat works better. The bridge is fixed. They offer an adjustable bridge at additional cost that I wish I went with. As the way this one comes it’s pretty long and I have grown to like a short bridge. Total weight of the saddle is 1lb 14oz.

Some other things... the buckles I am not sure what brand they are. I didn’t see a name on them. The waist buckle is rated at 24kn. The stitching seems a little meh but definitely no worse than the stitching on my Phantom.

Some pics:

1831588D-8706-4D8F-805C-3760C095FDF0.jpeg
ECD148CB-DEA6-4749-A227-AD08700AEA85.jpeg74EA9999-5524-4884-82FD-04E0A6951876.jpeg30C2AB05-2D4A-40ED-A22E-8048F60DD579.jpeg6598C669-DF56-4984-B6D7-E1276970AE1A.jpeg

Got my Cruzr XC in this morning. Some first impressions as I only spent about 30 mins in the yard.

Also, if you have been holding out for a WE Yarak don’t bother. I think this is better thought out design and comfortable.

A few items to note. The lineman’s loops I thought were going to be to far back and too small but not so much. They are decent. Can’t complain about them really. The bright inside color makes them easy to find. The double row of mollie loops having the lower tight for holding pouches and the top loose for carabiners and what not is awesome. the material is a bit stiffer I think than the Yarak. The pleat works better. The bridge is fixed. They offer an adjustable bridge at additional cost that I wish I went with. As the way this one comes it’s pretty long and I have grown to like a short bridge. Total weight of the saddle is 1lb 14oz.

Some other things... the buckles I am not sure what brand they are. I didn’t see a name on them. The waist buckle is rated at 24kn. The stitching seems a little meh but definitely no worse than the stitching on my Phantom.

Some pics:

View attachment 26737
View attachment 26738View attachment 26739View attachment 26740View attachment 26741
The rows of two different tightness of Molle is MONEY! solid feature.

Some pics:

View attachment 26737
View attachment 26738View attachment 26739View attachment 26740View attachment 26741

Thanks for the review! How long did it take to ship?

Sent from parts unknown

Ordered it around 10pm 3/20 received it this morning.

Not bad at all. I appreciate it. I’ve been looking at these for awhile now but haven’t seen any reviews until yours. Was waiting for the yarak but I think you just convinced me other wise.

Sent from parts unknown

Not bad at all. I appreciate it. I’ve been looking at these for awhile now but haven’t seen any reviews until yours. Was waiting for the yarak but I think you just convinced me other wise.

Sent from parts unknown

Been researching since last fall and have flip flopped my decision multiple times since. As another guy who was waiting for the yarak, I believe this looks nicer and is available. Currently torn between Cruzr, H2, and the phantom. I've only sat in the H2, and the lansing expo was cancelled for my chance to sit in a phantom.

enkriss,

Do you have a phantom or H2? Or sat in them. I know you mentioned the phantom in your quick review, but would love some additional comparison notes. Word of mouth is all I have for buying power as I don't have funds to buy them all, nor are any available in store.

I like this one better than the yarak. It has mollies that make sense. Definitely more comfortable than the Phantom if you are a sitter.

Sent from parts unknown

Been researching since last fall and have flip flopped my decision multiple times since. As another guy who was waiting for the yarak, I believe this looks nicer and is available. Currently torn between Cruzr, H2, and the phantom. I've only sat in the H2, and the lansing expo was cancelled for my chance to sit in a phantom.

enkriss,

Do you have a phantom or H2? Or sat in them. I know you mentioned the phantom in your quick review, but would love some additional comparison notes. Word of mouth is all I have for buying power as I don't have funds to buy them all, nor are any available in store.

I have both the Phantom and the Cruzr. I would opt for the Cruzr if I sat more than leaned. I might say Phantom if you lean most of the time but these are just my initial opinions in very limited use of them both. I used a Yarak all last season.

Some pics:

View attachment 26737

Good thorough and helpful review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have both the Phantom and the Cruzr. I would opt for the Cruzr if I sat more than leaned. I might say Phantom if you lean most of the time but these are just my initial opinions in very limited use of them both. I used a Yarak all last season.
The Yarak. You lucky guy. That's like finding a dinosaur bone.

Well.... compared to the Yarak.

The things I think the Yarak has over the Cruzr:

1) The Yarak is made by aerohunter so they have the reputation of being an excellent company. Cruzr is the new kid on the block.

2) The waist buckle on the Yarak is a raptor buckle. This one I have no idea what brand it is. It does say Cruzr on it though.

3) Adjustable bridge comes standard.

The things I think the Cruzr has over the Yarak:

1) Gotta get this one off my chest the leg buckles slip tab things are trash on the Yarak. I immediately cut them off and put tethrd hooks on there place.

2) The double row of mollies is excellent.

3) overall comfort.

I've heard the Flex or yarak, essentially the pleat, can be uncomfortable for walking in with a saddle on. Thoughts?

Back