• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anybody ever use the Bloodsport Timberwolf arrows?

andreww5001

Has anyone had any experience with this arrow with their Trad setup? I found what looks to be a pretty good deal on them, but I have never even heard of them before. I've shot Bloodsports out of my compound and liked them okay. These are supposed to come standard with 50 grain brass inserts. I've been using the Black Eagle Vintage arrows but I hate watching hogs run off with them and break them off. It's like losing $15 every time I shoot one (arrow + broadhead).httpwww.bloodsportarchery.commediacatalogproducttitimberwolf-1_1.png

Found a half dozen fletched with 4.5 inch shield feathers and the 50 grain brass insert for $30 shipped. Ordered six to try them out.

I got the arrows in the mail. They look to be really nice. Only problem I see is that they are straight fletched instead of helical. Never shot traditional without a pretty significant helical to stabilize the arrow in flight. Time will tell I guess.

I got the arrows in the mail. They look to be really nice. Only problem I see is that they are straight fletched instead of helical. Never shot traditional without a pretty significant helical to stabilize the arrow in flight. Time will tell I guess.
I shoot straight fletched with no issue. If you’re using feathers and not vanes then they will spin the arrow. Not as much but you will gain noise reduction with straight fletch

Back