• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anybody Jones'n for next year yet?

Pilk64

Shooting my bow every day...adjusting my gear and practicing the motions every day...psyched from last season which seemed like it flew by...Jones'n for next year already for sure

Shooting my bow every day...adjusting my gear and practicing the motions every day...psyched from last season which seemed like it flew by...Jones'n for next year already for sure
I'm Jone'n for early bow season right now (October 1 to around Nov 20) and I still have just over a week of this season to go, lol. It's hard to get motivated this late in the season for me, especially since I finally connected on a buck and it is tempting to cruise to the finish line. This was a tough season for sure. I am excited about doing some focused post season scouting to locate rut buck sign for next season. I am also Jones'n for Turkey season to start.

Been in overdrive mode this week tweakin gear. Held off on painting my new platform till season was over so that’s been happening along with a cobra wrap on the edges and a flat clear coat on it all. Swapping out early season pack solutions tomorrow. Shed season doesn’t start here till late Feb so I’m just in planning mode as far as the property I hunt. New WMA somewhat near me as well so a scouting trip up there is in order the next couple weeks. Additionally I have two lock ons that need to come down for cleaning,lube, and storage. Busy season!!!

So yeah… Goin through withdrawals a lil bit. Drivin the wife crazy.

Rut about to start heating up here. Still 17 days to deer hunt. Will be in the woods next weekend.
Not sure how y’all do it wrapping up after only hunting early season. February is the rut, you are missing out sitting at home.
See what I did there? That’s how I feel listening to everybody else talking about “you gotta be hunting October”

I am definitely excited for next season, I just got my saddle and sticks for Xmas so I have yet to use it with the cold setting in here. Still in that honeymoon phase where I am on the internet all the time looking for more stuff to finish off my setup

I was jonesin' for the 2022 season before last season ended....because I just started putting together a saddle hunting kit and am keen to practice and use it for hunting in the county forests around here this year.

Couldn't get the kit completed in time to have some practice under my belt for this past hunting season.

Way too cold out right now for outdoors practice to be an appealing thought (lows of -27C recently, and highs in the negative teens C), so just practicing SRT ascents in my garage for now, getting the last few bits of gear, shopping for a new xbow and splicing rope bits (gear hangers, adjustable bridge, etc.) in the meantime.

I’ve got 2 more chances, but won’t really be jonesing for next season until the end of Turkey season!

I’ve got 2 more chances, but won’t really be jonesing for next season until the end of Turkey season!
Good luck. Yes, I'm looking forward to chasing those crazy birds. When that gets done, I start obsessing about deer again.

Definitely. 1 week left of this season and already planning for 2022. I've been after a stud and it's the most history I've ever had with a buck. Part of me wants to get him this weekend. Part of me is dreaming of what he'd look like next year if he makes it. Already planning out the spots I need to investigate more and get trail cams into. The hunt never ends

Yup. Think I *finally* got my setup dialed in, gear the way I want it, clothes I’m happy with and bow dialed in. Now if they’d just stop developing all the land where I live so I could hunt a parcel more than twice that’d be great.

Yup. Think I *finally* got my setup dialed in, gear the way I want it, clothes I’m happy with and bow dialed in.
HAHAHAHAHA! I have this thought at least 5-7 times per week. Then I can't help myself, I have to tweak something else. Part of the fun!

Right now I'm high on expectation and hope that I might get to hunt more next season. So a lot of plans are running in my head including using trail cams for the first time on public. Also encountering the same buck. But all saddles related gear have been boxed up until maybe July. Its full on archery skill improvement until then.

We got a rare snow fall this past weekend so I took the opportunity to look for tracks. I confirmed some of my suspicions about how the deer move in that area. I also located a couple of new spots that look promising where multiple trails converge. As for equipment, I purchased a Spot Hogg two-pin and some tree steps to try.

I got married on December 30th so my hunting this year was much more limited than in years past. I was able to get out half a dozen times and got a doe, but it was promised to a friend who just had twins so I was not able to put any meat in my freezer this year.

I certainly am chomping at the bit to get going again but I just found out that I have a wedding on opening day :sob: , so I'll be missing that for the second year in a row.

I'm spending the offseason getting in better shape, getting better with my bow so I can take a deer with that this year, and working on my virtual and boots on the ground scouting to find better places to up my chances. October 2nd can't come soon enough!

Nope ..... just got the sled out on the ice last weekend and I am looking forward to putting some perch in the freezer. Only time of the year I target panfish so I need to get them or go without. Spring steelhead starts right after ice out and shortly after that the salmon will be here. I will get in some spring scouting right after the snow melts so over the next few weeks I will come up with a plan for that. I really don't get into hunting mode until I put my cameras out over Memorial Day weekend. Even then I am more into fishing until the end of summer.

Back