• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anybody know where to buy a used muzzleloader?

Nutterbuster

SH Member
I hunted with a borrowed cva wolf last year and liked it. Local shop sells them for $220 sans scope. Not bad, but seeing as you can ship them without an ffl does anybody know a good place to shop for them used?

if you lived closer id sell mine for cheap man, its been sitting in my closet since i decided to put down the firearms and focus on archery. honestly cant see myself going back to a gun tbh

I picked a cva wolf up off gunbroker about 2 years ago, had it sitting on the front porch for $150. Camofire had them for $180 a couple weeks ago but the shipping was a little. Might be able to come across a used one for a deal at a pawn shop.

I hunted with a borrowed cva wolf last year and liked it. Local shop sells them for $220 sans scope. Not bad, but seeing as you can ship them without an ffl does anybody know a good place to shop for them used?
Modernmuzzloader.com has a good classifieds section…… bought & sold a few there.

Huntsman or Plainsman are the models I believe. My Huntsman is stainless and was cheap. Shoots like all H&Rs.

Huntsman or Plainsman are the models I believe. My Huntsman is stainless and was cheap. Shoots like all H&Rs.
Huntsman is the one. They made a sidekick too but it was a pressure breach plug and got recalled...think it was a .45 cal too....

CVA is selling refurb Accuras for $325 I believe.. I missed out on the $150 Wolfs & $225 Optimas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wish I knew you were looking I could have bought you a nice TC with a lepould scopelast week for $250. It was a fantastic deal. If I see another pop up on TNDeer anytime soon I will give you a shout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I see the Mossberg 500 muzzleloader conversion barrels on ebay pretty regular. If I hadn't found the deal on a used traditions from a friend local I would have gone that route.

I see the Mossberg 500 muzzleloader conversion barrels on ebay pretty regular. If I hadn't found the deal on a used traditions from a friend local I would have gone that route.
I looked at the barrels for my 500 and my little pardner 20 but seeing as the 500 is the duck swatter and the 20 is the nutter buster, I figured it'd be better to have a separate dumb deer hole poker.

I bought my traditions from a pawn shop for $50 but this was 7-8 years ago. I have to use a socket wrench to take the breach plug out but it’s not that big of a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back