• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone else desperately waiting for a TX5 vs Overwatch video?

DMTJAGER

Was wondering if anyone else is holding off buying one or the other until someone does a good unbiased side by side use review of both.
Was 98% set on buying a TX5 then tbe Overwatch came out and gave me second thoughts.
I use to be indecisive about which light weight saddle to buybut I'm not so sure anymore

Pretty much in the exact same boat. Been researching for over a year and have it narrowed down to these two. Of course they're also the hardest to obtain. I plan on one sticking, so I'm also waiting to see a side by side comparison on the catalyst ion vs the ewo ultimate one stick with the up platform.

I have a transformer and I have tried to get a TX5 for his last three batches of orders and just can’t seem to get lucky.
I know and feel your pain I finally gave up and are buying a used JX3 G2
I will keep on trying to buy a TX5 but I need to get a saddle in hand and get using it down stone cold long before this bow season starts
I'm an all day hunter always have been and comfort is my top requirement for a saddle so I figured JX3 is not to bad a price considering it's ready to hunt with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Transformer and was lucky enough to get on the last preorder for the TX5. I’ve been sitting in the transformer a couple times a week. It’s phenomenal not only in quality, but being able to adjust for comfort. For me, it’s on the fence for one sticking. Once I get the TX5 I’ll put it through the paces. If I like it too, my intent is to use it for one sticking/run and gun set ups and use the transformer for pre set/all day sits.

Inarcher, curious why it’s” on the fence for one sticking”. Mind expounding?

When ascending the tree, the d-rings drop before advancing the tether having the potential to hit the stick and cause noise. I’m no one stick expert by any means, but that’s the issue I’ve run into.

When ascending the tree, the d-rings drop before advancing the tether having the potential to hit the stick and cause noise. I’m no one stick expert by any means, but that’s the issue I’ve run into.

That’s the possibility with any metal rings easy fix with some innner tubes but transformer is a well thought out design I feel. I also one stick and feel this style saddle is the best of all worlds. We can’t be saddle hunters if we don’t slightly mod something LOL

I can not speak on the Overwatch unfortunately. I have one of the older TX5's and love it. I made the switch this year to it from the mantis. To compare the two, the TX5 is a tad bulkier because of the buckles and material, but I find it to be more comfortable and I feel more secure in the tree. The adjustable bridge has been solid as well and I like how the loops for the lineman's belt stick out.

Was wondering if anyone else is holding off buying one or the other until someone does a good unbiased side by side use review of both.
Was 98% set on buying a TX5 then tbe Overwatch came out and gave me second thoughts.
I use to be indecisive about which light weight saddle to buybut I'm not so sure anymore

So you went from “indecisive” to “not so sure”? I would call that progress.....maybe....

Thanks Inarcher, I wasn’t sure if you meant issues with climbing. I had issues using a Recon one sticking (saddle had potential to slide below waist while moving tether etc...).

I don’t do videos but I would happily do a formal review via write-up with pictures of both. Let me know if that’s something that would be helpful.

Nutter, just curious why the overwatch won out??
First and foremost, it's a perfect marriage of everything good about a kestrel and everything good about an anderson, and those are my 2 most favoritest saddles.

Second. Old school bottomlands on the one I went home with.

Third, I don't think I've ever seen a saddle that had better materials and build quality. I've handled everything and Jamie's stitches just take the cake.

I don’t do videos but I would happily do a formal review via write-up with pictures of both. Let me know if that’s something that would be helpful.
I'd love to read that. I have owned the Overwatch Transformer for about a week, but haven't sat in it yet. I got my TX5 order in about a month ago, so I should be getting it within a few weeks. Not sure if I will keep both or not in the long run, but I have hunted from treestands for 25 years and decided to jump into saddles this year and give it a hard try. Instead of buying one of the cheaper saddles, and then upgrading, I just bought the 2 that seemed to be the "best" right off the bat. We'll see how it goes.

I’ve had my Transformer for almost two months and just got it back from having the leg loop upgrade and am even more impressed than I initially was. That being said, I also have a TX5 Reaper coming my way in the next few weeks. I’ll also share my thoughts when I can compare them side by side.

Back