• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone every shoot and Oneida Eagle?

Vtbow

I'm potentially going to trade into a 90's oneida strike eagle. I"m looking for something that gives me the trad feel I love, with a little forgiveness to a bad right shoulder. I have 3 other compounds and they're just not as much fun to run out in the backyard and shoot as my trad bows. I want to shoot finger release. I had been shooting an ancient browning woodsman fingers I came across CHEAP with a ton of arrows I pretty much bought for the arrows, and actually kind of enjoyed it(surprisingly)

Anyone have experience or thoughts on these bows? Thanks in advance!

Super smooth drawing bows and I like them with fingers. No chance of derailment. Only negative is that the old ones are heavy which isn’t great for the shoulders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super smooth drawing bows and I like them with fingers. No chance of derailment. Only negative is that the old ones are heavy which isn’t great for the shoulders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks, thats a good point on weight wiht the shoulder. It's my right shoulder, and it is really only an issue once my elbow gets above or back past my shoulder... I dislocate it probably once a month, but know its limits. I dont whitewater kayak any more :)

I had one, it was very noisy.
Thanks, I've heard that too. THe one I"m looking at has less significant hook in the tip of the outboards, so the string doesnt impact the limb like it does on the classic eagles and screaming eagles-- but I" have heard it has a very "unique" sound. Thanks!

Hope you are not sinking too much money in it.
hopefully not...just looking at a straight trade at this point. They're old, I know.

Unless someone out there has one collecting dust they want to send me :)

I think the bows are basically good. I have a friend that shoots one and he loves it. I don't know if Claude is still making them or not but in my view, he's a shyster... That's not taking anything away from the bow, just the man in general.

I shoot a 47” Hoyt vantage with round wheels, finger style, 2117 aluminum arrows.it is the closest thing to my old recurve. Chuck Adams always had one. With a nap flipper rest. Love it!
Thanks, I've got a pretty much brand new browning pro comp with round wheels I started playing with a few years ago, but it never really meshed with me. Maybe I should revisit it...browning pro comp.JPG

I have an older mathews compound that has a 41" ata. I have been playing with it in the yard and really like the increased energy. I am shooting it off a flipper rest, no sights, and fingers. I am very pleased with it thus far. I plan on sticking a few hogs with it come turkey season.

I had one also. Very smooth draw. Shot well. Easy to change strings....simply use 2 S hooks at the cam and cables. Kinda loud as stated before. The smooth draw I loved. Maybe place some strategically placed sound dampers and quiet it some, you may love it. Yes....a trad feel to them.

Thanks guys--trade fell through, so now I'm on the lookout!

Back