• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone try a PSH buy Vital Ground?

Jeremy_D

Looks simple does it hold well? I do the trucker hitch with a daisy chain now and its solid but a little messing around in the tree. The PSH looks easier to attach a platform with while hanging in the tree.

I have used many products from him

Matt Cotoia is a rockstar with his work and stands behind everything he does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Do these stay on your sticks during transport?

2. How long is the finished line?

3. Is it just a full bury with one spiced loop and a specific hitch? Seems real easy to make.

1. Do these stay on your sticks during transport?

2. How long is the finished line?

3. Is it just a full bury with one spiced loop and a specific hitch? Seems real easy to make.

I bet it is a full bury, I tried this yesterday with a piece of amsteel I had laying around and it didn’t work, probably because I didn’t catch it was a full bury. Hitch would not grab and hold…thanks, now I’ll have to try it again!

Looks simple does it hold well? I do the trucker hitch with a daisy chain now and its solid but a little messing around in the tree. The PSH looks easier to attach a platform with while hanging in the tree.

it doesn't show him uncamming the platform and then removing the strap, i'd be concerned that once it tightens that it might be tough to remove

it doesn't show him uncamming the platform and then removing the strap, i'd be concerned that once it tightens that it might be tough to remove

What advantage does this have over say a rope mod or any of the other 10 ways to attach sticks to a tree?

They stay on the sticks when you cinch the green band up.

They will fit up to a 24-25” tree

And its full bury. Is it easy yeah but its a long bury.

You can use it on sticks yes, but there’s daisy chains and other alternatives for that. PSH is great for platforms though

can anyone figure out how this could be used with a hang on step (treehopper or bullman pioneer step) without extensive mod's like adding a button?

maybe something similar to a soft shackle?

Un am and lift up. How much easier should it be ?

can anyone figure out how this could be used with a hang on step (treehopper or bullman pioneer step) without extensive mod's like adding a button?

Girth hitch the banded side to the step. The long side could loop over the step and be cinched down on the banded loop. Not sure how the amsteel would like it.

[mention]raisins [/mention] belay last, I had a squirrel step in my head…

Feel free to DM Matt
@MCDM I believe is his handle

Seems like it would work on a cranford step, since this attachment is sort of like a whoopie

Seems like it would work on a cranford step, since this attachment is sort of like a whoopie

you can turn other steps into sort of a cranford via soft shackle, i thought i'd heard the whoopie sling can get tight and not loosen easily....same with this hitch method?

I use one on my Battlement and on my 18" ewo sticks. I love them. Same functionality as a cam strap without the metal buckles making noise. I leave them attached to sticks and platform during transport. I've had no issue getting them tight on the way up or loose on the way down. I would 100% recommend the PSH

Back